Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mojo1019

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 9, 2013
Hi folks,

I was think to upgrade my OS from Monterey 12.6.3 to Ventura 13.2.1 and I would like to know if someone of you, who has already walked this path, has encountered any bug. I have 16" MacBook Pro from 2019 (Intel based Mac). I have searched in the sub and seems that things did't went smooth for those who upgraded, but all the comments and posts that I found was at least one month dated. In the support page Riot says "WE DO NOT CURRENTLY SUPPORT MacOS 12 AND 13!" but on macOS 12 it works fine. Before someone say it, I have BootCamp installed and i could play league from there like I do with any other game, by the way restarting the PC for a 20 minutes ARAM is not by best option.

Thank vou!

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I have searched in the sub and seems that things did't went smooth for those who upgraded
Given that people are already reporting problems as you mentioned, and the publishers went out their way to state in red and upper case that they don't support macOS 12 and 13. I don't think you'll have smooth sailing so to speak, and there may not be a work around, since you yourself failed to find anything.

If you don't want to use bootcamp, what about parallels? Would that be an option?

1678279393754.png

Mojo1019

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 9, 2013
Given that people are already reporting problems as you mentioned, and the publishers went out their way to state in red and upper case that they don't support macOS 12 and 13. I don't think you'll have smooth sailing so to speak, and there may not be a work around, since you yourself failed to find anything.

If you don't want to use bootcamp, what about parallels? Would that be an option?

View attachment 2170281

Don't get me wrong, I use BootCamp for specific task so it will be always an option. But of curse using LoL on MacOS, my main OS would be better. I don't have Parallels But I will search for some information about it. Thank you

bad_robot

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2019
I've made the leap from Monterey to Ventura and, to my pleasant surprise, have not encountered any noticeable issues while playing League of Legends so far. But to be sure, I recommend checking this LoL guide on Mac. You'll find there all the necessary information on playing LoL on Mac, including tips on optimal gaming experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mojo1019
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.