Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

samiwas

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2006
Atlanta, GA
If this wasn't sarcasm... american idiocy at it's finest.

I tend to see american idiocy in all the raving lunatic conspiracy-theorist nut bags who think that every government action is somehow intruding into their private life and that every government agency is just another faction of spies looking into our every move.

As I've said before, these people used to be relegated to the stoner living under a bridge in a cardboard box yelling at pigeons. Now, they are on the internet in droves.

You should be.

How much of your life do you spend in a paranoid state? Between spying government agencies and the constant gun-rights battle, I really do wonder if you ever just enjoy life, or if you spend most of it trying to figure out how to not be a victim.

I'm glad that none of this stuff phases me in the slightest and takes probably less than 1% of my brain activity.

lostngone

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2003
Anchorage
IHow much of your life do you spend in a paranoid state?

paranoid? The Government IS spying on us, in some cases illegally that isn't paranoia that is a fact.

Now we are saying YES YES YES I know they are spying on me and I don't care... What will you "accept" next?

People like you and AlecZ WILL wake up eventually, but I am afraid it will be just in time to see the butt of a rifle being driven into your face. Please continue to live your happy life with blinders on.

samiwas

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2006
Atlanta, GA
paranoid? The Government IS spying on us, in some cases illegally that isn't paranoia that is a fact.

Now we are saying YES YES YES I know they are spying on me and I don't care... What will you "accept" next?

People like you and AlecZ WILL wake up eventually, but I am afraid it will be just in time to see the butt of a rifle being driven into your face. Please continue to live your happy life with blinders on.

So, then I guess the answer is that you do live most of your life in an angry, paranoid state? Man, I feel really sorry for you. Life is so much better on the other side.

I will gladly continue living my happy life. I'll leave you to your misery. If you want me to be miserable with you, you will be waiting a while.

But watch out, Meister might say you're jealous of me.

Renzatic

Suspended
So, then I guess the answer is that you do live most of your life in an angry, paranoid state? Man, I feel really sorry for you. Life is so much better on the other side.

I will gladly continue living my happy life. I'll leave you to your misery. If you want me to be miserable with you, you will be waiting a while.

On one hand, it's ridiculous treating every single thing the government does as if it's a direct violation of your rights to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness. The Net Neutrality thread is a good example of this. Government action and expanded utility isn't a bad thing by default, and treating it as such only serves to harm your own interests.

On the other hand, there are some things the government does that are entirely deserving of our ire and disdain. This is one of them. If it's not actively bad, it's at least incredibly suspicious.

Thinking everything the government does is always good/bad is simplistic and childish. It's better to think of the implications, look at the past, then choose to fight the battles that need to be fought.

samiwas

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2006
Atlanta, GA
On one hand, it's ridiculous treating every single thing the government does as if it's a direct violation of your rights to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness. The Net Neutrality thread is a good example of this. Government action and expanded utility isn't a bad thing by default, and treating it as such only serves to harm your own interests.

On the other hand, there are some things the government does that are entirely deserving of our ire and disdain. This is one of them. If it's not actively bad, it's at least incredibly suspicious.

Thinking everything the government does is always good/bad is simplistic and childish. It's better to think of the implications, look at the past, then choose to fight the battles that need to be fought.

I understand that there are likely government things that deserve a closer eye, and likely some utter contempt. That's not even a question.

My question is how many of these people waste their entire life frightened, suspicious, and angry over something like will very unlikely cause them any actual grief? Do they ever enjoy anything, or do they always bring everything down because of their own insecurities? It's like Debbie Downer ruining the Disney trip by discussing feline AIDS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.