Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
There are companies that aquire designers that have good knowledge in motion design. If I wish to be one of those candidates what exactly must I learn?

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
Adobe After Effects is pretty much the industry standard for what I believe you're talking about.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
AEffects is a complicated app, aren’t there simpler apps to use?

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
Like I said, After Effects is the industry standard. It doesn't matter if there are easier to learn, cheaper alternatives... that's not what most companies use. They use the most professional, most compatible and most productive software that works for them. And more often than not, it's After Effects — which is actually much, much easier to learn than alternative pro apps.

MarkC426

macrumors 68040
May 14, 2008
UK
There are companies that aquire designers that have good knowledge in motion design. If I wish to be one of those candidates what exactly must I learn?
Apple Motion (from the app store) works in a similar way to After Effects, i.e. Layered comps.
You may want to start with this as it's much cheaper than a CC subscription.

Then when you learn the basics move on.
I'm not sure if Adobe do a trial of AE...?

Reactions: sevoneone and loby

SamC741

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2022
Learn Adobe After Effects Pro this the industry standard and will help you complete any required work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.