Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gldngal

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2024
If you were to begin to learn web Design, what application would you prefer to choose learning and why?
And what tutorials would you subscribe to for learning?
I’ve seen the Wix application, seems pretty straight forward but does it have more weaknesses compared to word press?
I'd suggest taking web design classes at your local community college. When I started out 15 years ago, that's what I did. It helps to have a teacher right there, who can explain in person, whatever questions you might have. Unfortunately, the local community colleges in my area now only offer online web design classes. Still, they are better than trying to initially learn from Youtube videos. If you want to be a serious web designer, I think it helps to have an understanding of the fundamentals. JMHO.

Reactions: zoran

bad_robot

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2019
I'd go with WordPress because it lets you do more, and lots of people use it to help each other out. It's suitable for many types of websites, not just blogs. For learning, try WPBeginner or Lynda. They have easy-to-follow tutorials on everything from basic to advanced. WordPress might be more complicated to learn than Wix, but you can do more with your site. Check out some YouTube tutorials to see how it works! However, I also suggest you check out this resource for learning web design. These tutorials are offered by a company that provides website development and optimization services. I have used their development services, and I know how good they are in this field. Their tutorials should be very accurate and helpful.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.