Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Glud

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2014
Hi guys!

This weekend I'm traveling all the way from Denmark Europe to New York City for a one-week vacation with my girlfriend. I thought I'll go visit an Apple Store on September 21 to see if there are any of the Watch S4 available.

It's my 3rd time in NYC and I've already made the mandatory visit to the mother of all Apple Stores on 5th. It was hell on earth. I've never seen so many non-buyers (turists) in an Apple Store in my entire life. So, I might put my money on a store somewhere else in the city.

What's your go-to store in NYC?
And what are the chances to pick up an Watch S4 on launch day without pre-ordering?

Rasmus

tgara

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2012
Connecticut, USA
Hi guys!

This weekend I'm traveling all the way from Denmark Europe to New York City for a one-week vacation with my girlfriend. I thought I'll go visit an Apple Store on September 21 to see if there are any of the Watch S4 available.

It's my 3rd time in NYC and I've already made the mandatory visit to the mother of all Apple Stores on 5th. It was hell on earth. I've never seen so many non-buyers (turists) in an Apple Store in my entire life. So, I might put my money on a store somewhere else in the city.

What's your go-to store in NYC?
And what are the chances to pick up an Watch S4 on launch day without pre-ordering?

Rasmus

Keep in mind, the NYC 5th Ave store is moving from its current location to the space next door in the GM building that was vacated by toy retailer FAO Schwartz. That space is now being renovated. The Apple store is relocated to this space and is open during renovation, but it is a complete mess.

You might want to try the Grand Central Station store in mid-town. I've found that store to be convenient when I am taking the train. The 14th street store is also good. Both have special extended hours on Sept. 21.

Lennyvalentin

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2011
You're looking for a LEAST crowded store on launch day?! Good luck man, they'll all be packed up to the rafters.

I admire your optimism! ;) (Well, Denmark is home to the happiest people on Earth I hear, so makes sense...)

If I were you I might try 5th avenue store for the reverse psychology angle; maybe everyone else will figure just like you it'll be like hell on earth and go somewhere else... :p

babens

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2012
I can't speak for launch day, but in general I will typically go to the Upper West Side store or the 14th Street store. Those two are both slightly further away from the typical tourist locations so you don't get the same types of crowds I've seen at 5th Avenue, Grand Central, or even SoHo.

Glud

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you for your suggestions! I've somehow made up in my mind that the Watch and iPhone Tennis had separate launch days. Don't ask me how that happened. Sorry - it'll never happen again. Anyway, I now realize that it might be a mess everywhere. Might give it a shot anyway though.

I like that idea about reverse psychology at 5th, but I sounds like it's not a viable option due to construction. I guess my only hope now is my optimism from being from the happiest contries in the world (although I think Norway took the crown from us a few years back).

Reactions: Lennyvalentin
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.