Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JSDK

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2024
I'm considering a Nomad Modern Leather case for my black 15 Pro, but I thought the cutouts look very large and deep at the bottom - like the "bottom lip" seems very thick. Does it feel very large when you put the cover on, or is it an optical illusion? What are your thoughts, those of you who have the Nomad case?

oVerboost

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2013
United Kingdom
I'm considering a Nomad Modern Leather case for my black 15 Pro, but I thought the cutouts look very large and deep at the bottom - like the "bottom lip" seems very thick. Does it feel very large when you put the cover on, or is it an optical illusion? What are your thoughts, those of you who have the Nomad case?

It is noticeable, and I found the bottom not to be very comfortable so returned mine.

Reactions: JSDK

minimo3

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2010
I’ve been using the modern leather case for about 6 months now. Yes the bottom lip is quite a bit thicker than the top/left/right. I think they did this to accommodate the lanyard loops, which is weird since I don’t normally associate lanyards with elegant leather cases. I don’t like the thickness either but it doesn’t bother me from a comfort perspective. Just think of it as extra “protection” if it happens to fall exactly on the bottom!

Reactions: DR3MCLAREN

Jerichodanger

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2022
My latest addition: Ryan London wallet

IMG_0124.jpeg

JSDK

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2024
I’ve been using the modern leather case for about 6 months now. Yes the bottom lip is quite a bit thicker than the top/left/right. I think they did this to accommodate the lanyard loops, which is weird since I don’t normally associate lanyards with elegant leather cases. I don’t like the thickness either but it doesn’t bother me from a comfort perspective. Just think of it as extra “protection” if it happens to fall exactly on the bottom!
Thanks for your reply. I have now seen almost all the videos on YouTube about the Nomad cover, and read various comments. I think I'll skip Nomad this year, even though I thought the rest of the cover was super delicious. But I think the "bottom piece" will bother me. I'm already not into big phones, and that cover will make my phone even bigger.

In the meantime, I had ordered a Mujjo full leather cover because a lot of YouTubers said it was fantastic. I wore it for 5 minutes then it was sent back. Poor quality and the buttons on the side were really bad and unresponsive.

But now I have ordered a Caudabe Sheath, I have tried them before on my 13 Mini, and I know they are good - but there is a bit of a long delivery time to Denmark.

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
In the meantime, I had ordered a Mujjo full leather cover because a lot of YouTubers said it was fantastic. I wore it for 5 minutes then it was sent back. Poor quality and the buttons on the side were really bad and unresponsive.
interesting.

I’ve seen nothing but bad reviews for Mujjo

Reactions: UltraInstinct

JSDK

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2024
interesting.

I’ve seen nothing but bad reviews for Mujjo
Exactly. I haven't found any bad reviews on YouTube either, that's why I bought it. But when I received it, I was disappointed. The Home/Side button was sluggish, so if you didn't press right in the middle of the button, nothing happened. It had no "click" either. The volume buttons were far too tight, and the camera bumper was so wide that I had to place it very precisely on the Satechi MagSafe stand, or the bumper was in the way.

Noticed that after the cover had been in contact with my MagSafe charger, just once, for less than a minute, there were already clear signs of the ring on the leather cover. I did not experience that on Apple's leather cover on my previous iPhone.

As I said, I only had the cover on for 5 minutes, then I packed it away again and created a return case. I've seen many YouTubers praise the cover, but I've also read many, especially on Reddit, who say that Mujjo is cheap junk - I have to agree with the latter from my experience.

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
Exactly. I haven't found any bad reviews on YouTube either, that's why I bought it. But when I received it, I was disappointed. The Home/Side button was sluggish, so if you didn't press right in the middle of the button, nothing happened. It had no "click" either. The volume buttons were far too tight, and the camera bumper was so wide that I had to place it very precisely on the Satechi MagSafe stand, or the bumper was in the way.

Noticed that after the cover had been in contact with my MagSafe charger, just once, for less than a minute, there were already clear signs of the ring on the leather cover. I did not experience that on Apple's leather cover on my previous iPhone.

As I said, I only had the cover on for 5 minutes, then I packed it away again and created a return case. I've seen many YouTubers praise the cover, but I've also read many, especially on Reddit, who say that Mujjo is cheap junk - I have to agree with the latter from my experience.
Think you misread.

I haven’t seen any good reviews for Mujjo

Reactions: UltraInstinct

JSDK

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2024
Think you misread.

I haven’t seen any good reviews for Mujjo
Sorry. Yes, then I misunderstood you. Well, there are lots of reviews of Mujjo full leather, where the YouTuber recommends it.

Just some examples

DR3MCLAREN

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2021
Calgary Canada
Before I ordered my Ryan London cases I considered Mujjo so I searched Reddit for reviews, that was enough to put me off.

I don't feel like YouTube reviews are always the most honest.
To be fair I'm sure Mujjo pays for these reviews on You Tube. Their cases are some of the worst I've ever seen and they haven't improved at all over the past 5 years. I figure Mujjo must be making enough in sales off these videos to figure its not worth making an actual high quality case.

RRC

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2020
Will Bulllstrap come out with a black closed bottom case? Can’t believe this isnt an option

Just get the lucky coin black version if you need one now. As mentioned, they launched with Sienna as it’s their most popular colour I think they’ll introduce more over the next few months.

T0MMYC

macrumors member
May 13, 2019
Just get the lucky coin black version if you need one now. As mentioned, they launched with Sienna as it’s their most popular colour I think they’ll introduce more over the next few months.
I’m very happy with my lucky coin and see that all the colors are back in stock for 15PM. Up to $35 with 20% off on Amazon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.