Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cruncher

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2010
I got my otterbox Cactus finally in my country here in Europe. I am super happy with it. It feels amazing and I don`t mind that it is not real leather. The Quality is great and I also don`t mind the light leak at the usb-c port.

It is the only Case with a metal Camera frame which is not sharp. The Buttons are great.

Lyusi

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2021
Yesterday I received this Maogoam Crazy Horse leather case for my 15 PM and I”m really impressed! The leather is really good,nice buttons,perfect cutouts and perfect fit!!! The weight is 39 grams!
IMG_2855.jpeg
IMG_2856.jpeg
IMG_2835.png
IMG_2831.png

Reactions: alamperti

E92_M3

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2024
Hey guys! I’ve always had leather cases, but this year since Apple no longer offered that option I decided to try out Bullstrap. I’ve been using since the iPhone release date while it has developed a nice patina I’ve also noticed that the luster it use to have has slightly started to fade away the picture here helps to kind of see what time describing. I am wondering if this pretty standard with Bullstraps leather. Coming from iPhone XS MAX saddle brown leather which honestly aged beautifully
IMG_3724.jpeg

Khiladi

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2020
Hey guys! I’ve always had leather cases, but this year since Apple no longer offered that option I decided to try out Bullstrap. I’ve been using since the iPhone release date while it has developed a nice patina I’ve also noticed that the luster it use to have has slightly started to fade away the picture here helps to kind of see what time describing. I am wondering if this pretty standard with Bullstraps leather. Coming from iPhone XS MAX saddle brown leather which honestly aged beautifully View attachment 2379140
I don't understand. What's the problem with that ? That's normal.

ChiLLon

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2018
Hey guys! I’ve always had leather cases, but this year since Apple no longer offered that option I decided to try out Bullstrap. I’ve been using since the iPhone release date while it has developed a nice patina I’ve also noticed that the luster it use to have has slightly started to fade away the picture here helps to kind of see what time describing. I am wondering if this pretty standard with Bullstraps leather. Coming from iPhone XS MAX saddle brown leather which honestly aged beautifully View attachment 2379140
Hard to tell because the photo is low quality, but it looks like the pores are almost clogged, which makes me think your case is filthy. Grimy leather will definitely look matte and not glossy.

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
Bummer. Paid like $85 and waited weeks for shipping and the engraving on my Ryan London is crooked. Not sure how that happens when it’s all hand made but I get it. Now to start the return / exchange process. This was my first leather case attempt since September as I really just gave up and used silicone cases from Apple.

Attachments

• IMG_1337.jpeg
    IMG_1337.jpeg
    511.5 KB · Views: 49

AnJarBo

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2014
Those of you who have the Satchel & Page, does this case eventually get grippier? I absolutely love mine but in all fairness it’s also the slipperiest case I’ve ever used. I’ve used it non-stop for about a week now and it’s still slipping out of my hand very easily, (fortunately I’ve been able to avoid a drop against the floor, but still).

jplusc

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Los Angeles
Those of you who have the Satchel & Page, does this case eventually get grippier? I absolutely love mine but in all fairness it’s also the slipperiest case I’ve ever used. I’ve used it non-stop for about a week now and it’s still slipping out of my hand very easily, (fortunately I’ve been able to avoid a drop against the floor, but still).
it does, but after 1.5 months I still find that if my hands are too dry it can still be a bit slick.

Reactions: AnJarBo

E92_M3

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2024
So far just a few days with my closed bottom Bullstrap case. Pretty happy with it so far. For those who got it when it came out do you guys have any pics of the progress?
IMG_3809.jpeg

RRC

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2020
So far just a few days with my closed bottom Bullstrap case. Pretty happy with it so far. For those who got it when it came out do you guys have any pics of the progress?

I had two that were faulty, so didn't develop any kind of patina. But the leather did feel really nice after a few days. Got a third on it's way to me now, hoping that one is okay! One thing I will say, don't try removing your phone from the case from the bottom, push from the camera cut out at the top outwards and then carefully remove that way otherwise the thin plastic above the charging port will snap easily.

E92_M3

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2024
I had two that were faulty, so didn't develop any kind of patina. But the leather did feel really nice after a few days. Got a third on it's way to me now, hoping that one is okay! One thing I will say, don't try removing your phone from the case from the bottom, push from the camera cut out at the top outwards and then carefully remove that way otherwise the thin plastic above the charging port will snap easily.
I appreciate the feedback! Super excited to see how this evolves overtime. Buttons are super clicky perfect snug figment. The only flaw mine has is the USB C cutout is off center, bothers me a bit but I’ll live lol

AnJarBo

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2014
I appreciate the feedback! Super excited to see how this evolves overtime. Buttons are super clicky perfect snug figment. The only flaw mine has is the USB C cutout is off center, bothers me a bit but I’ll live lol
There’s no gap above the charging port cutout on yours? Mine is off-centered and has a noticeable gap in that area when looking at the phone from the front.

Reactions: off2marz

E92_M3

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2024
There’s no gap above the charging port cutout on yours? Mine is off-centered and has a noticeable gap in that area when looking at the phone from the front.
No gap just off center cutout

Attachments

• IMG_8851.jpeg
    IMG_8851.jpeg
    339.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_8850.jpeg
    IMG_8850.jpeg
    279.2 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: off2marz

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
They charging $90 for a cutout like that? man I thought apples leather cases were priced high. Crazy pricing today for cases.

Ryan London sent me a brand new case with no engraving and let me keep the old one too. Pretty good CS.

Reactions: off2marz and RRC
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.