Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrNomNoms

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 25, 2011
Wellington, New Zealand
Not too sure whether this is the correct place to put this post given that I've checked all the other parts of the forum and it seems this post doesn't fit into there either. I've been using iCloud since way back when it was MobileMe but it is become increasingly unreliable and wondering whether anyone has made the jump to Google. I've been using iCloud just out of force of habit and laziness on my part but I've been fiddling around with Google (along with Android, I'm happy with OS X mind you) and open to the idea of moving but I'm just wondering about some of the gotchas and whether I'm looking at the situation as things appearing greener on the other side when in reality it has its own set of problems that I'm over looking.

MrNomNoms

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 25, 2011
Wellington, New Zealand
Decided to stick with iCloud - I need those aliases more than anything; I'll just put up with some of the iffy reliability during their transition of changing their backend - hopefully things will settle down once iOS 9.0 and OS X 10.11 is released.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.