Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SomeCurry

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2014
Thought this was a valid question - I have a Spigen stand that I leave my watch on each night to charge, however is it safe to leave the cable switched on 24 hours? IE does it detect the watch is present and begin or is it powered all the time? Only reason is plugs are inaccessible behind bedside cabinet so difficult to switch on/off. Thanks

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
The charger and puck have no idea if they are attached to the watch or not. It will waste some power of which upsets many of the "greenies", but I too do not unplug my charger for either the watch or phone next to it. Likely have many things plugged in that are wasting power but not going to unplug them everyday.

You can get a device that has a timer that shuts the power off the charger after so many hours if you are feeling guilty.

TrueBlou

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
It's as safe as leaving any other charger cable plugged in. I'm in the same boat, my plug is not accessible either. So my charging cable has been plugged in 24/7 for over a month and for the last couple of weeks in the Spigen stand as well. Nothing to worry about.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.