Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
puts a new meaning to the word "icebook", anywhoo once my ibooks HD failed so i put the whole thing in an insulated bag to slow down the process in the freezer and left it over night, took it out waited 20 mins and booted it up, the HD worked just long enough for me to get my school courcework off it

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
bluemonkey said:
The 'book was like a freakin' block of ice, and felt 'brittle' to me.

It usually pays to spend a bit more to buy yourself a super cool computer. Glad it worked out well.

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
raggedjimmi said:
for a minute there I thought you meant 27ºC!

I've never understood ºF. now C makes sense... water freezes at 0, boils at 100. but thats just me.

Really! Our inches=feet=yards=miles is STUPID! it makes no sense i hvae no idea how many yards=a mile! its crazy there is no logical in it

!

md11

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2005
Europe
rosalindavenue said:
I'll bet it was colder than 27 F in the hold of the FedEx plane from China. I dont think you have anything to worry about.

Well that depends..
I don't think you want your horse or electronics shipped at -40°C; you get what you order, maybe if you ship some documents you don't care..

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/714546/L/
Check the coment below this picture.

md11

dvdh

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2004
md11 said:
Well that depends..
I don't think you want your horse or electronics shipped at -40°C; you get what you order, maybe if you ship some documents you don't care..

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/714546/L/
Check the coment below this picture.

md11

Even more importantly, take a look at the condition of the Logitech boxes to the left of the plane. . . . Remind me not to ship anything with this company.

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
This is good to know, sometimes I leave my iBook out in the car for like hours when it's really cold outside. Like -5º F outside. :eek: :eek:

Won't be doing that anymore...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.