Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

digitaldave

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2006
I just picked up the Ghostbusters set today, spent the afternoon putting it together :).

I've been looking at some of the Star Wars sets too...

sk8andmetal

macrumors regular
just having fun

Can't take a pic of all the stuff i had as a kid and which is now used by my son (on top of his own boxes) ... but digging into the huge box i've found Benny (original one) so with my son we decided to take him into all the stuff we love (but no spaceship) ... more to come soon.
1st : Benny Walkin on the apple (sounds a bit like a Police Song)

Attachments

• IMG_2935.JPG
    IMG_2935.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 230

warvanov

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2011
I've got tons of Lego sets and creations that I've designed myself, but you guys might be particularly interested in this laptop stand that I made a few years back.

pQ5diDZ.jpg

There are more pictures of it here. I built in a spot for a USB hub and some cable management. I've been using it for almost three years and it's very sturdy.

Reactions: estabya

Deefuzz

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2004
St. Louis, MO
I used to work for LEGO Retail. I stepped down earlier this year as it was just my fun-time night/weekend job and I just couldn't fit it in anymore. But here are a few images and some MOC builds I did while at the store.

IMG_2697_zpse2494cf0.jpg

My first modular build. Just adding this one because of the background :)

IMG_2844_zps49f5cd0d.jpg

The PAB Wall at night when the store lights are off. Was always a beautiful sight.

IMG_3491_zpscce041ff.jpg

One of my first MOC builds at the store that I put on display. Wanted to do a build you could create using one large cup and pieces off of our PAB wall. I ended up getting carried away but wanted to finish it anyway.

IMG_3535_zps2d1580a9.jpg

This MOC was a successful one large cup build from the PAB Wall. Was put on display in the store for a while and then at a kiosk in the mall to help advertise the store.

Alright that is enough for now. I'll post more stuff later if people want. Glad to see we have other LEGO fans here on MacRumors! :)

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
I used to work for LEGO Retail. I stepped down earlier this year as it was just my fun-time night/weekend job and I just couldn't fit it in anymore. But here are a few images and some MOC builds I did while at the store.

My first modular build. Just adding this one because of the background :)

The PAB Wall at night when the store lights are off. Was always a beautiful sight.

One of my first MOC builds at the store that I put on display. Wanted to do a build you could create using one large cup and pieces off of our PAB wall. I ended up getting carried away but wanted to finish it anyway.

This MOC was a successful one large cup build from the PAB Wall. Was put on display in the store for a while and then at a kiosk in the mall to help advertise the store.

Alright that is enough for now. I'll post more stuff later if people want. Glad to see we have other LEGO fans here on MacRumors! :)

Very cool! I thought about applying to work there part time over the holidays, but with a seven month old time is a little tight. I would love it though.

----------

So I happened to find two stores with the new Series 12 Minifigures out on the shelf. They aren't supposed to be released until 10/1. I bought 12 last night and 16 more this morning.

Out of the 12 I opened last night, I only have one duplicate. I got three of the Battle Goddess.

I also got 1 each of the: Wizard, Fairytale Princess, Space Miner, Lifeguard, Prospector, Jester, Rock Star, Genie Girl, and Spooky Girl.

I really like all of them so far. I will update the list once I open the other 16 later today or tonight.

post-39356-14108307584986_thumb.jpg

post-39356-14108701350674_thumb.jpg

If anyone is interested some of them are now for sale on my BrickLink store:

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=nick.amato

needfx

Suspended
Aug 10, 2010
macrumors apparently
dude, stop!

Seriously, I really like you pictures, they are really nice. I just bought a Tumbler but my next purchase will be the Ferrari Enzo because of you :) , is that a Ferrari 599?

How do they look where you put them?

thanks!!

sorry for making you drool. I drooled over these two pieces extensively!

doesn't matter where & how you put them, they will always look great :D

http://rebrickable.com/sets/8653-1/enzo-ferrari-110-ferrari-2005

http://rebrickable.com/sets/8145-1/ferrari-599-gtb-fiorano-110-ferrari-2007

TheBacklash

Suspended
Oct 23, 2013
I have a ton of old Lego's. Used to build everything with them..

After seeing this... I was so close to going out and buying every brick I needed to build one myself. :cool:
(If you don't know.. this is 7 feet long!)

00 Serenity by brickfrenzy

And how many people that grew up on Lego's... have been known to spend too much time in Minecraft :D

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California

After seeing this... I was so close to going out and buying every brick I needed to build one myself. :cool:
[url=https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8290/7717710438_370a51d26d_c.jpg]Image[/url]

And how many people that grew up on Lego's... have been known to spend too much time in Minecraft :D

Holy SH&T that is freaking awesome. The level of detail that was put into this is incredible. Even the interior shots. WOW

crzdcolombian

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
my nephews and nieces just really got into legos. They like me getting them the super hero and ninja turtle ones. They just like the mini figures. I went on eBay to buy some and they are all like 12 bucks each its like that is almost as much as a play set

webslinger85

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2010
my nephews and nieces just really got into legos. They like me getting them the super hero and ninja turtle ones. They just like the mini figures. I went on eBay to buy some and they are all like 12 bucks each its like that is almost as much as a play set

You can actually get some "knock off" minifigs on ebay, i have a few Marvel and DC ones, along with the four Turtles, Shredder, and Splinter. Each set was under $6

crzdcolombian

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
You can actually get some "knock off" minifigs on ebay, i have a few Marvel and DC ones, along with the four Turtles, Shredder, and Splinter. Each set was under $6

going to go that route thanks a lot man. :) They don't even play with the lego blocks they just walk around with the legos haha.

Ordered the turtles and a bunch of Marvel super heros as I already got them a Batman and Superman legit lego set. So much cheaper on amazon then target.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
going to go that route thanks a lot man. :) They don't even play with the lego blocks they just walk around with the legos haha.

Ordered the turtles and a bunch of Marvel super heros as I already got them a Batman and Superman legit lego set. So much cheaper on amazon then target.

You can also try Bricklink.com if you are just looking for individual parts.

crzdcolombian

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
eBay is pretty awesome got all the Xmen and avengers and a couple more for like 15 bucks for bootleg chinese ones

Then found the x jet from Xmen for 10 bucks and a sentinal for 8 for the real ones used. Nephew is super pumped for it

needfx

Suspended
Aug 10, 2010
macrumors apparently

[url=https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8290/7717710438_370a51d26d_c.jpg]Image[/url]

amazing piece!! I was stunned at the level of detail that guy went into. those interiors are amazing as rhett said!!

thanks for sharing!

just for the record, he has built two of those...

Is there such a thing as too much gray? Bender and his Serenity twins think not. by brickfrenzy, on Flickr

and a timelaspe of the build!!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/brickfrenzy/14041410401/

Last edited:

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
amazing piece!! I was stunned at the level of detail that guy went into. those interiors are amazing as rhett said!!

thanks for sharing!

just for the record, he has built two of those...

[url=https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3883/15172701875_50725b9635_c.jpg]Image[/url]Is there such a thing as too much gray? Bender and his Serenity twins think not. by brickfrenzy, on Flickr

and a timelaspe of the build!!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/brickfrenzy/14041410401/

That Lego Bender is fantastic!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.