Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
Original poster
May 16, 2008
This is an extremely minor issue, but I thought I'd mention it, anyway. When using Forum Spy, the forum name "Mac Applications and Mac App Store" is so long that it forces every thread to 2 lines in Forum Spy, with no way to resize the window to make it one line. This means fewer lines fit on one screen. If the name were changed to "Mac Apps and Mac App Store" it would fit on one line. I know there are a couple other forums with long names, but this one is an easy fix without changing the name much. Just a thought.
ScreenCap 1.png

Last edited:

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
When using Forum Spy, the forum name "Mac Applications and Mac App Store" is so long that it forces every thread to 2 lines in Forum Spy, with no way to resize the window to make it one line.
Resizing the window fixes it for me. The same when other long forum names show up, like MacRumors.com News Discussion and iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting and Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion.

Does it work in some web browsers but not others?

forum-spy-narrow.jpg

forum-spy-wide.jpg

ergdegdeg

Moderator emeritus
Oct 13, 2007
At the bottom of every page, there are three links: Fixed, Fluid and Fluid HD. These will adjust the width/maximum width of the content of each page. If you change it to Fluid or Fluid HD, you can make the browser window wider and the Forum names will fit on one line.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
Original poster
May 16, 2008
At the bottom of every page, there are three links: Fixed, Fluid and Fluid HD. These will adjust the width/maximum width of the content of each page. If you change it to Fluid or Fluid HD, you can make the browser window wider and the Forum names will fit on one line.
Thanks! I had read about those settings before, but completely forgot about them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.