Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
I was fondling one of these at Verizon yesterday, I was very tempted. With no backs on it it's ridiculously thin, and I like that. Very nice feeling phone. Then I noticed how stupid the home button was in that it didn't work as a home button. The onscreen buttons also ruined it for me in taking up screen size.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
I was fondling one of these at Verizon yesterday, I was very tempted. With no backs on it it's ridiculously thin, and I like that. Very nice feeling phone. Then I noticed how stupid the home button was in that it didn't work as a home button. The onscreen buttons also ruined it for me in taking up screen size.

The on-screen buttons can be eliminated without root, there are apps in the store to do so.

I like this one alot, I see it as a future purchase when the price drops. A guy walked out with one yesterday at BB, I was a bit envious.

It is blazing fast, final judgment on that though when I get one.

Reactions: spinedoc77

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
The on-screen buttons can be eliminated without root, there are apps in the store to do so.

I like this one alot, I see it as a future purchase when the price drops. A guy walked out with one yesterday at BB, I was a bit envious.

It is blazing fast, final judgment on that though when I get one.

Yeah I k now the onscreen buttons can be eliminated, but without the hardware home button it won't make sense for me. I've done all that, used gestures and such instead of buttons. Now that's just personal preference and opinion, but I just really like a physical home button.

It is a REALLY nice phone though, no disagreement there. If it becomes cheap 2nd hand I may even grab one. I'm a huge sucker for something so thin, and the modules are really cool. I'm just not sure I have faith in Motorola anymore to follow through, since Lenovo picked them up. Will we continue to see modules and support for it?

Reactions: AppleRobert
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.