Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

raqball

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 11, 2016
A friend of mine wanted a new 2in1 and I steered her away from the Dell due to the WiFi problems I had.. We went to Best Buy and she ended up getting the Yoga C940.

It has a 10th gen i7, 512 SSD and 12GB RAM. She got the 14" 1080p screen and it honestly looks fine.

The 12GB of RAM is a nice in-between and I wish more manufacturers offered it.

I helped her get it setup and configured and ran some benchmarks on it. Pretty impressive machine. I grabbed a screen shot of the SSD speeds but didn't on the other benchmarks.

SSD Speeds are pretty impressive!

ssd-speed.png

Anyways, I think this might be a hidden gem amongst all the Win 10 laptops out there. Killer specs, nice screen and I think she paid $1290 for it....

Reactions: TopherMan12

jrichards1408

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2016
A friend of mine wanted a new 2in1 and I steered her away from the Dell due to the WiFi problems I had.. We went to Best Buy and she ended up getting the Yoga C940.

It has a 10th gen i7, 512 SSD and 12GB RAM. She got the 14" 1080p screen and it honestly looks fine.

The 12GB of RAM is a nice in-between and I wish more manufacturers offered it.

I helped her get it setup and configured and ran some benchmarks on it. Pretty impressive machine. I grabbed a screen shot of the SSD speeds but didn't on the other benchmarks.

SSD Speeds are pretty impressive!

ssd-speed.png

Anyways, I think this might be a hidden gem amongst all the Win 10 laptops out there. Killer specs, nice screen and I think she paid $1290 for it....
Yes I heard it's a lovely machine. what's the battery life like?

TopherMan12

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2019
Atlanta, GA
It really is a premium 2-in-1. The build quality is excellent. I did have to wipe and reinstall Windows 10 to get rid of the bloatware that was generating a bunch of errors. Other than that I've had no problems. That new 10th gen i7 is no slouch! Excellent performance. Paired up with my eGPU and a RX 5700 XT and I'm in gaming heaven.

Yes I heard it's a lovely machine. what's the battery life like?

At full screen brightness, I was reading around 7 hours of battery on mine. I'm guessing that lowering brightness will increase it another hour or two.

Reactions: raqball

raqball

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 11, 2016
At full screen brightness, I was reading around 7 hours of battery on mine. I'm guessing that lowering brightness will increase it another hour or two.
I sent her a text and she said she is getting 8-9 hours out of if with brightness at 70%

jrichards1408

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2016
It really is a premium 2-in-1. The build quality is excellent. I did have to wipe and reinstall Windows 10 to get rid of the bloatware that was generating a bunch of errors. Other than that I've had no problems. That new 10th gen i7 is no slouch! Excellent performance. Paired up with my eGPU and a RX 5700 XT and I'm in gaming heaven.

Sounds good. 4k model?

TopherMan12

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2019
Atlanta, GA
What's the colour accuracy for Adobe rgb?

"Inside the black triangle, you will see the standard color gamut (sRGB) that is being used by millions of people in HDTV and on the web. As for the Adobe RGB, this is used in professional cameras, monitors, etc for printing. Colors inside the black triangle are used by everyone and this is an essential part of the color quality and color accuracy of a mainstream notebook.
Still, we’ve included other color spaces like the famous DCI-P3 standard used by movie studios, as well as the digital UHD Rec.2020 standard. Rec.2020, however, is still a thing of the future and it’s difficult for today’s displays to cover that well. We’ve also included the so-called Michael Pointer gamut, or Pointer’s gamut, which represents the colors that naturally occur around us every day.

The yellow dotted line shows Lenovo Yoga C940 (14)’s color gamut coverage.

Its display covers 94% of the sRGB/ITU-R BT.709 (web/HDTV standard) in CIE1976."

gamut-Yoga_C940_LP140WF9-SPE2.jpg

https://laptopmedia.com/review/leno...um-2-in-1-rocking-intels-ice-lake-processors/

Reactions: kazmac

jrichards1408

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2016
"Inside the black triangle, you will see the standard color gamut (sRGB) that is being used by millions of people in HDTV and on the web. As for the Adobe RGB, this is used in professional cameras, monitors, etc for printing. Colors inside the black triangle are used by everyone and this is an essential part of the color quality and color accuracy of a mainstream notebook.
Still, we’ve included other color spaces like the famous DCI-P3 standard used by movie studios, as well as the digital UHD Rec.2020 standard. Rec.2020, however, is still a thing of the future and it’s difficult for today’s displays to cover that well. We’ve also included the so-called Michael Pointer gamut, or Pointer’s gamut, which represents the colors that naturally occur around us every day.

The yellow dotted line shows Lenovo Yoga C940 (14)’s color gamut coverage.

Its display covers 94% of the sRGB/ITU-R BT.709 (web/HDTV standard) in CIE1976."

gamut-Yoga_C940_LP140WF9-SPE2.jpg

https://laptopmedia.com/review/leno...um-2-in-1-rocking-intels-ice-lake-processors/
I am a photographer and videographer so I need good Adobe colour accuracy

hajime

macrumors 604
Jul 23, 2007
In person, how is the color of the Iron Gray compared with the Space Gray of the MBP? I found the one on the MBP too dark and not my type. There is no demo unit for me to see. BestBuy in the USA are much better than that in Canada. They always sell different types of Lenovo laptops.

TopherMan12

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2019
Atlanta, GA
In person, how is the color of the Iron Gray compared with the Space Gray of the MBP? I found the one on the MBP too dark and not my type. There is no demo unit for me to see. BestBuy in the USA are much better than that in Canada. They always sell different types of Lenovo laptops.

The Iron Gray Yoga is about the same as the Space Gray to my eyes. I believe there is also a silver variant, but not sure if it is the same configuration.

Reactions: hajime

hajime

macrumors 604
Jul 23, 2007
The Iron Gray Yoga is about the same as the Space Gray to my eyes. I believe there is also a silver variant, but not sure if it is the same configuration.

Thanks. That Space Gray reminds me of people getting hit and got bruise eye. I like the Mica the most but too bad they don't have it in the 15" version.

hajime

macrumors 604
Jul 23, 2007
How is the fan noise of the C940? Is it high pitch or not? High Pitch noise likes the original X1E drove me crazy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.