Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimmy_uk

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 19, 2015
UK
The newly announced Lenovo Yoga Duet 7i looks like a great alternative to the surface pro. I'm very interested in this one. As mentioned on the Verge comments this could really be the ultimate in versatility, better even than the new iPad or Surface devices.

• Kickstand like SP
• Bundled keyboard that also works with Bluetooth
• Bundled pen
• 13-inch IPS 2K touchscreen
• 10th Gen i7

https://news.lenovo.com/pressroom/p...ith-lenovo-detachable-and-smart-home-devices/

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbre...-duet-7i-ideapad-duet-3i-features-specs-price

DDA5657C-2A3A-457F-B7C7-EE34D0FC8B05.png

5D9F2137-C121-4750-8322-A0F1A68D5CF4.png

00633221-6934-415B-BFA6-F4CFDB266F6A.png

"The Lenovo Yoga Duet 7i (known as Yoga Duet 2020 in China) including the folio case with keyboard and active pen will start at €1199 including VAT. It is expected to be available starting June 2020 on Lenovo.com, with select retailers, and via the SMB channel."

7310A418-B860-44C5-B856-CABBCADF7450.jpeg

D4E86D0E-73F4-4483-9D48-FE05FC14F696.jpeg

Last edited:

jimmy_uk

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 19, 2015
UK
Being able to use the keyboard away from the tablet for shortcuts in Adobe suite etc is awesome. Lenovo build quality is usually excellent and I'm hopeful this is solid device.

Reading the issues some are having with the trackpad not working on the AMK, or the finish marking and bubbling easily has put me right off. I'm super fussy about my stuff staying mint. So I'm down to SP7 or Yoda Duet 7i today.

I'm guessing if this has an i7 it will have some sort of fan for cooling which would be a slight minus for me because of the noise factor.

Reactions: LeeW

jimmy_uk

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 19, 2015
UK
I've added the specifications list to first post.

"In select markets, the Yoga Duet 7i comes with an active digital pen. It also works with the optional rechargeable Lenovo E-Color Pen, which has a smart sensor to detect the color of real-world objects. You can then take the captured color into creative apps such as Adobe Photoshop"

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
It looks interesting but, if memory serves me, Lenovo rolled out a surface pro competitor in the past and it didn't really generate much buzz.

I'm not down on this, I think Lenovo can make some really solid products, but I do wonder how it will compete against the SP

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
It looks interesting but, if memory serves me, Lenovo rolled out a surface pro competitor in the past and it didn't really generate much buzz.

I'm not down on this, I think Lenovo can make some really solid products, but I do wonder how it will compete against the SP
Anyone who buys "unique" devices like this one should keep in mind that Lenovo has a poor track-record of support. Devices like their 1st gen Yoga Books (both Android and Windows versions) were really good but needed some follow-up updates and support... that never came.

But when it comes to conventional laptops and desktops, they support them well.

jimmy_uk

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 19, 2015
UK
Anyone who buys "unique" devices like this one should keep in mind that Lenovo has a poor track-record of support. Devices like their 1st gen Yoga Books (both Android and Windows versions) were really good but needed some follow-up updates and support... that never came.

.....ah nuts. This forum is a gift and a curse. Its very active with tech enthusiasts which is awesome, but then I find out things that put me off buying anything. ?

Thanks though, its good to be informed.

Reactions: Mendota

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
.....ah nuts. This forum is a gift and a curse. Its very active with tech enthusiasts which is awesome, but then I find out things that put me off buying anything. ?

Thanks though, its good to be informed.
LOL sorry. I don't want to dissuade you from getting one, but to go in with your eyes open. I bought a Lenovo Yoga Book (Android) and love it. It was this >< close to being the perfect device for me. All I needed was one or two tweaks to the system (that never came). Do I regret buying it? No. It's still a very useful and very unique device.

Mendota

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2019
Omaha
The newly announced Lenovo Yoga Duet 7i looks like a great alternative to the surface pro. I'm very interested in this one. As mentioned on the Verge comments this could really be the ultimate in versatility, better even than the new iPad or Surface devices.

• Kickstand like SP
• Bundled keyboard that also works with Bluetooth
• Bundled pen
• 13-inch IPS 2K touchscreen
• 10th Gen i7

https://news.lenovo.com/pressroom/p...ith-lenovo-detachable-and-smart-home-devices/

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbre...-duet-7i-ideapad-duet-3i-features-specs-price

DDA5657C-2A3A-457F-B7C7-EE34D0FC8B05.png

5D9F2137-C121-4750-8322-A0F1A68D5CF4.png

00633221-6934-415B-BFA6-F4CFDB266F6A.png

"The Lenovo Yoga Duet 7i (known as Yoga Duet 2020 in China) including the folio case with keyboard and active pen will start at €1199 including VAT. It is expected to be available starting June 2020 on Lenovo.com, with select retailers, and via the SMB channel."

View attachment 919148
View attachment 919147
Looks very nice! I really like a lot of Lenovo's thinking outside the box. I even have their virtual keyboard, e-ink netbook. I just couldn't resist. But I will have to resist this one, already ordered the new Samsung Flex. So many options, so little time, and even less money.
[automerge]1590717234[/automerge]

Have to agree with this. I have the first gen Android Book and the Second gen Yoga Book. The Android was dropped like a hot potato, and now some Android apps won't run on it... Sigh.

Reactions: Queen6 and sracer
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.