Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr.Blacky

Cancelled
Jul 31, 2016
If you click on the thumbnail and open the whole picture, the sun is clearly visible in the upper right quadrant.
I did that, but for some reason it wouldn't open.
But it worked now, so just forget what I said. My apologies.

ToddH

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2010
Central Tx
Has Apple resolved the atrocious lens flare/glare seen on the 12 series in the 14's? I've gotten used to aligning my shots to have the flare reflect inside the light source, but after some comparison shots with a Galaxy Z Fold 3, the Fold doesn't have this problem at all with the photos I've taken.

See below. The city shot is from my 12 mini in the evening with bad glare from all bright light sources. The second is the Fold pointed towards the sun and no flare or glare. The third is another from my 12 mini showing both glare and flare. And yes, my lenses are clean.
That first image of downtown has streaks because of a fingerprint or oil on the lens. I see that a lot. On these larger optics it’s easy to touch the lens and not realize it. As for other flare and ghosting, I haven’t had the phone long enough to test yet. But I think it’s better on the 14 pro.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.