Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Which movie? Ben Hur? A 30 min short? Which router? Which ISP? What data speed? How far from the router?

Cmon man. Think about your question.

ItalianBoston

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
Boston
Ya sorry. Now that I think about it that was a pretty stupid question given the variables.

It took me overnight to download a 2 hour movie.

XciteMe

macrumors 6502
May 21, 2009
Santa Monica, CA
I don't understand why SO MANY of you guys have to be suck JERKS?! Seriously, forgive me for saying jerks, but why do you guys have to be so mean to somebody who's question MAY be vague, but an intelligent, mature person with cognitive skills will try their best to answer it, based on common sense?

Common sense = The average movie is about 2 hours. Yes, movie lengths all vary! :eek: But that's the lump average.

So knowing that, why not answer his question? I would myself, but I don't know.

XciteMe

macrumors 6502
May 21, 2009
Santa Monica, CA
That wasn't a stupid question, TC. Don't let others make you feel stupid... Any mature, reasonable person would have gathered (from your question) that you meant an "average movie length".

Sorry, TC, that people would rather try to belittle you and be sarcastic, than answer your question and help. :eek:

sandyjmacdonald

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2009
I don't understand why SO MANY of you guys have to be suck JERKS?! Seriously, forgive me for saying jerks, but why do you guys have to be so mean to somebody who's question MAY be vague, but an intelligent, mature person with cognitive skills will try their best to answer it, based on common sense?

Common sense = The average movie is about 2 hours. Yes, movie lengths all vary! :eek: But that's the lump average.

So knowing that, why not answer his question? I would myself, but I don't know.

Some people have no sense of humour. It was a joke.

But there really are far too many variables here.

For the record, it takes me about 30 minutes to download an average standard def movie over wifi. So I guess that's about 500 Kb/s.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.