Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jbarley

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 1, 2006
Vancouver Island
I've been searching the web for over an hour and cannot locate a workable link to download this "Drawer icons" set for my dock.
I only have this Download icon and would like to get the whole set.

Can anyone offer any assistance?

Problem solved, found the original download icon pack on a very old IDE hard drive from storage.
Thanks to those of you who offered assistance.
This zipfile seems to me would be a good addition to the Leopard software archive,
Can someone point me to who I should contact, or I could just post a dropbox link to the files.

Attachments

• DownloadedFile.jpeg
    DownloadedFile.jpeg
    1.7 KB · Views: 352
Last edited:

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2014
Like I said in my original post...
"searching the web for over an hour and cannot locate a workable link"

Well then if you already searched all those links then I don't think you will find anything. The original's website "osx-e.com" is down so if it ever goes back up then that may be your only chance

jbarley

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 1, 2006
Vancouver Island
Well then if you already searched all those links then I don't think you will find anything. The original's website "osx-e.com" is down so if it ever goes back up then that may be your only chance
Exactly why I posted on this forum where just maybe, someone might have this icon package and would be willing to share.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Exactly why I posted on this forum where just maybe, someone might have this icon package and would be willing to share.
You did not post the original link, so I am guessing here.

Found an article on TUAW that links to a Japanese blog that's invitation only. Rest of the links are blown on that page.

Google Images gave me some options though. The following link LOOKS to me like what you show, but I don't know if that's what you meant. It's on Deviant Art and you can download it through the link. The artist gives credit to a Japanese site on GeoCities that is since down, so it leads me to believe this may either be one in the same (for what I found) or a variant thereof.

If you could directly link to what prompted you to search for this it'd be helpful.

http://mheltin.deviantart.com/art/Drawers-Icons-109722909

jbarley

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 1, 2006
Vancouver Island
You did not post the original link, so I am guessing here.

Found an article on TUAW that links to a Japanese blog that's invitation only. Rest of the links are blown on that page.

Google Images gave me some options though. The following link LOOKS to me like what you show, but I don't know if that's what you meant. It's on Deviant Art and you can download it through the link. The artist gives credit to a Japanese site on GeoCities that is since down, so it leads me to believe this may either be one in the same (for what I found) or a variant thereof.

If you could directly link to what prompted you to search for this it'd be helpful.

http://mheltin.deviantart.com/art/Drawers-Icons-109722909

Erik, thanks for trying.
The link you supplied leads to a whole lot of icons converted for Windows use, not what I need.
The original Drawer icon set came from a Japanese site way back when Leopard first arrived. The one I posted (Download Drawer) is the only one I seem to have left, hence why I'm trying to locate a source for the whole set.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Erik, thanks for trying.
The link you supplied leads to a whole lot of icons converted for Windows use, not what I need.
The original Drawer icon set came from a Japanese site way back when Leopard first arrived. The one I posted (Download Drawer) is the only one I seem to have left, hence why I'm trying to locate a source for the whole set.
Hmmm…ok.

Well, you know that you can open the .ico's in Preview, Select All, Copy and then Get Info on a Folder, select it's icon and Paste right?

Admittedly, you'd have to apply these manually, but you'd get what you want.

Attachments

• Download.ico.png
    Download.ico.png
    39.6 KB · Views: 227
  • Drawer icons_1 .ico Info.png
    Drawer icons_1 .ico Info.png
    59.8 KB · Views: 170

128keaton

macrumors 68020
Jan 13, 2013
I've been searching the web for over an hour and cannot locate a workable link to download this "Drawer icons" set for my dock.
I only have this Download icon and would like to get the whole set.

Can anyone offer any assistance?

Problem solved, found the original download icon pack on a very old IDE hard drive from storage.
Thanks to those of you who offered assistance.
This zipfile seems to me would be a good addition to the Leopard software archive,
Can someone point me to who I should contact, or I could just post a dropbox link to the files.

Pm the zip file to me or gavin, we can post it on PPCArchive.

fhall1

macrumors 68040
Dec 18, 2007
(Central) NY State of mind
Yes - resurrecting this thread from the dead. But letting folks know. I've been using these dock icon "drawers" from Leopard up through Mojave. As a test I upgraded my secondary machine to Catalina (I stay a major release behind Apple's current OS on my primary machine). For whatever reason Catalina no longer recognized the drawers and most of my dock icons had a "sheet of paper" overlay on them. Had to go onto my Mojave machine and do a "get info" on the icons, then copy the icons from that window, then paste it into preview and save it as an icns file. Then, transfer the files to the Catalina machine and name it so it's the first item in my folders. So, the drawers are back in Catalina!

Reactions: Amethyst1
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.