Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sfphoto

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 10, 2010
Am used to Tiger find command & permissions. Now using Leopard & both are a bit different.

I can search the user folder except user>library, search for something I can see in the library brings no results.

Permissions for user folder are (me) read and write, (everyone) - read only. Applied to contents.

Your comments are appreciated!

RSL

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2012
Am used to Tiger find command & permissions. Now using Leopard & both are a bit different.

I can search the user folder except user>library, search for something I can see in the library brings no results.

Permissions for user folder are (me) read and write, (everyone) - read only. Applied to contents.

Your comments are appreciated!

You have to click the little + sign in the finder until you see something like "system files aren't included" and then change that. I'm sure someone can give a terminal command which changes the setting permanently.

sfphoto

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 10, 2010
Not sure where to look for the "+"

Here is additional info

If searching user folder (or entire machine) for something known to be in the user library it is not found.

However if the user library folder is selected and searched, success!

This seems abnormal and makes me concerned that other folders may not be included when searching the entire machine.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.