Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hughmac

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK
I know we've Leopard on a Pismo before, and I've got the ATI kexts from Jaguar working fine, plus @LightBulbFun 's Open GL framework, but I cannot get the battery recognised, or the trackpad to scroll.

I have tried SlimBatteryMonitor 1.5 with no joy, and both SideTrack 1.3 & 1.41 and FF Scroll 0.7 to try and get the trackpad scrolling, also with no success, so I wondered if anyone has more suggestions?

Both SideTrack and SlimBatteryMonitor work with Tiger on this Pismo by the way ;)

Cheers :)

Hugh

Reactions: LightBulbFun

LightBulbFun

macrumors 68030
Nov 17, 2013
London UK
battery is functional you just cant monitor it, unless you stick it in the ODD Bay :) (may be fixable, but I dont own any functional Pismo batteries)

(side note you need to use the corresponding kexts to the OpenGL framework IIRC, otherwise OpenGL still wont work, easy way to verify is fire up the Openmark benchmark with the spinning ball)

sadly I dont think the pismos trackpad hardware supports 2 finger scrolling, but its not something i have played with personally

Hughmac

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK
iScroll gives the following message -

iScroll2 cannot be installed on this computer.
Your trackpad does not seem to support W-enhanced mode. This is a prerequisite for using iScroll2.

Sidetrack 1.3 works fine in Tiger and gives one finger scrolling down the edge, but the latest version I can find is 1.5.1 and this also gives an error about Leopard compatibility.
I'm now searching for version 1.6 which apparently will work.

As for the battery, yes I have a good battery plus one that lasts for ½ hour, so I could try the DVD bay later.

Hugh

Hughmac

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK
(side note you need to use the corresponding kexts to the OpenGL framework IIRC, otherwise OpenGL still wont work, easy way to verify is fire up the Openmark benchmark with the spinning ball)
Openmark benchmark won't run at all - would you by any chance have the corresponding extensions available?

Hugh

edit: forget that - this idiot just found them where you left them in the other thread ;)
Openmark working great now thanks :)

Last edited:

Hughmac

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK
I might have a newer version that @zappaesque gave me ages ago, that I use on all of my non-iScroll compatible machines. I’ll check when I get home in a few hours...
Thank you very much, but version 1.6 is working perfectly. By the way, if yours is named 'SideTrack-2.dmg' then it's really 1.6 when you open it up ;)

Hugh

Mervoid

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2015
Anyone able to figure out how to get the battery status working for the left bay on their Pismo yet? I've come across a beautiful G4 Pismo (yes, G4) running Leopard with a brand new battery no less! Are there any other things I should look for to get Leopard running optimally? I've read about ATI kexts from Jaguar and OpenGL. Does anyone here have links to these? Thx much

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.