Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vollspacken

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 17, 2002
Boogie-Down Berlintown
I was thinking about painting a SE/30-case to give my loaded SE/30 the housing it truly deserves... (o.k. o.k., I have a second case which I got off eBay, I'm not gonna paint my original one... )
smiley_bw.gif

by doing research about paint jobs, I came across a couple-o-links that I'd like to share with you guys, in case someone is thinking about a custom paintjob for your 68k too...

one Tech-tv article about painting ya case, and here's a second

I bought this brand of aerosol spray paint: 400ml Montana Gold. it's affordable, comes in a LARGE variety of colors, you can change the caps, and (best of all, haha) we carry it at the skateboardstore I work at (it's originally designed for graffiti and bombing, but it should work fine if you do your primer and sanding work well... 3,75 EUR a can)
- they also have a little tutorial on how to use cans properly

here's a homepage with the old and current Apple font, if you want to put the model name back on AFTER the paintjob and BEFORE the final clear coat

I still have to wait for the black Apple ADB-keyboard and mouse to arrive (I want black keys and cords!!!), before I can start, but I'll post photographs of the finished project...

vSpacken

[edit] oops, some spelling...[/edit]

vollspacken

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 17, 2002
Boogie-Down Berlintown
I won an auction for a black Powermac/Performa 5400/180 with matching black keys and mouse on German eBay for EUR 51,- :D

I also bought an platinum colored Apple pro keyboard and Apple ADB mouse II (I'm not going to paint the black case of the keys or mouse, don't worry... :) )

I'm gonna pick up the machine some time next week and start with the first coat of paint during the weekend...

we'll see how that works out...

vSpacken

vollspacken

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 17, 2002
Boogie-Down Berlintown
I think they are a lot less rare over her in Europe that in the U.S.

...still, I was lucky to get one so cheap :)

and as I said: I'm not going to paint the black case of the keyboard or the black mouse... I bought platinum ones for that (so I can put the black hardware back together if needed...) I just need the black keycaps and the black cords ;)

vSpacken

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.