Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Catalog 98

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2015
cdc
So ive got an iPhone 3GS, an obviously it cant be updated passed iOS 6. Ive been fooling around with other apps like skype and with a few workarounds ive gotten them working. but Snapchat is proving to be a pain in the ass. Ive done everything from changing the versions number to putting account data from a newer versions directly into it. No luck.

Normally when i sign in it tells me im using an outdated version. When changing the version number in info.plist it will then say (Cannot Connect) and to check my internet connection. And it even does that when i completely replace the info.plist from a newer version. So theres something else its still checking to see if its updated.

If anybody has any insight or suggestions thatd be great. Ive wasted two whole days on this and am about to go insane. And PLEASE refrain from just lecturing me on updating my device as thats not gonna be helpful or appreciated. Plus a waste of time. Im kinda a noob at this stuff and im hoping somebody with alittle more knowhow on these apps can point me in the right direction.

Hoosier317

Suspended
Sep 21, 2016
So ive got an iPhone 3GS, an obviously it cant be updated passed iOS 6. Ive been fooling around with other apps like skype and with a few workarounds ive gotten them working. but Snapchat is proving to be a pain in the ass. Ive done everything from changing the versions number to putting account data from a newer versions directly into it. No luck.

Normally when i sign in it tells me im using an outdated version. When changing the version number in info.plist it will then say (Cannot Connect) and to check my internet connection. And it even does that when i completely replace the info.plist from a newer version. So theres something else its still checking to see if its updated.

If anybody has any insight or suggestions thatd be great. Ive wasted two whole days on this and am about to go insane. And PLEASE refrain from just lecturing me on updating my device as thats not gonna be helpful or appreciated. Plus a waste of time. Im kinda a noob at this stuff and im hoping somebody with alittle more knowhow on these apps can point me in the right direction.
You're kidding, right? You can ask all you want, but I am stilling going to tell you upgrade a phone that was released 8 years ago.

noah82

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2008
San Diego, CA
Since you said that you didn't want to be lectured about still running an 8 year old phone and expecting to run new apps, there's not much else to say here.

Catalog 98

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2015
cdc
You're kidding, right? You can ask all you want, but I am stilling going to tell you upgrade a phone that was released 8 years ago.

But thats the fun of it though. And its completely techincally possible so the age thing doesnt phase me too much
[doublepost=1509939549][/doublepost]
Since you said that you didn't want to be lectured about still running an 8 year old phone and expecting to run new apps, there's not much else to say here.

Listen, thats not the point and not what im trying to do here. I want a working method the restores past funcionality.

Jordan0698

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2017
lol i agree itd be cool to get working again but at last i dont know i mean i got the youtube app back on ios 6 and fully working on ios 3.1.3 and 6.1.6 on my ipod's and iPhone 3GS so i suppose its possible some how i even got facebook messenger working again which still is a butt and crashes sometimes lol heck i have the original Samsung Galaxy S running android 4.4.4 Kitkat custom rom now and it lets me use snapchat

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.