Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mectojic

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 27, 2020
Sydney, Australia
The blue iPhone 15 and 15 Plus...
Yeah, it's not sitting well with me at all. No matter what lighting, what camera trickery you throw at it, every single blue iPhone looks pretty much white.

It's almost so white to the point that Apple should be sued for deceptive marketing. People from home are going to order this, thinking they're actually getting a colour. Mild sarcasm, but still. I think they messed up. All the other colours can at least be considered to be accurate, despite the washed out pastels.

mectojic

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 27, 2020
Sydney, Australia
In the store, yeah I had to study it carefully to realise it was blue. The color infused glass helped.
But photos like this say it all:
IMG_3794.jpeg

applepotato666

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2016
Blue replaced the regular white/starlight models so it’s not surprising it’s the most similar to it. Color on all models is mostly on the sides and around the camera lens and the back itself is very light in reality. That said I could definitely tell it’s blue and especially so when compared to the rest of the lineup.

Honestly my favorite colors ever released. First time ever where I’ve had any second thoughts and had trouble picking among all of them, perhaps apart from the yellow.

Reactions: Lcgiv

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Yeah, it's not sitting well with me at all. No matter what lighting, what camera trickery you throw at it, every single blue iPhone looks pretty much white.

It's almost so white to the point that Apple should be sued for deceptive marketing. People from home are going to order this, thinking they're actually getting a colour. Mild sarcasm, but still. I think they messed up. All the other colours can at least be considered to be accurate, despite the washed out pastels.
Maybe if Apple calls it Blue-ish?

My wife has a purple Pixel 3a XL (as a secondary phone). Google calls it Purple-ish. You have to catch it in the right light to see the purple because otherwise it appears white.

mectojic

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 27, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Maybe if Apple calls it Blue-ish?

My wife has a purple Pixel 3a XL (as a secondary phone). Google calls it Purple-ish. You have to catch it in the right light to see the purple because otherwise it appears white.
That would be more honest. 'Hint of Blue' or something may work, or one of their creative marketing names like 'dew' or 'moonshine'.

Reactions: Lcgiv and eyoungren

Geekett

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2021
For me, it’s a kind of white cloud blue.

As I said in another topic, I
went to see them in Apple Store in person. I’m really torn between blue and pink.
Pink is more vibrant than blue but is a bit too much linked to Barbie and the camera bump is more difficult to match with a case.
Blue is very pale, so a bit dull but the camera bump hue is quite nice.
I’ll keep my phone 3 or 4 years.

Please, help me to choose ! Thank you very much for for advice 🙏

IMG_3076.jpeg

Reactions: Lcgiv and mectojic

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I find it to be a very classy color. I bought it. I looks more blue when you use the stock bubble wallpaper.

I have more things to worry about than how blue it is.
:D

I think your statement sums up perfectly to me why a lot of people continue to believe Space Gray is black. They have more things to worry about than how black it is. :)

Last edited:

Ryan1524

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2003
Canada GTA
If you’re in a room with warm lights, it’ll probably look more white, as the yellow in ambient light compensates for the blue.

I do hope they bring back more saturated colours in the future. The matte back and finishes overall feels fantastic though.

mectojic

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 27, 2020
Sydney, Australia
It looks far more blue in person. It's certainly a very lightly tinted blue, but nobody will mistake it for white or silver.
It's only blue enough until you're up close. In the Apple store I had to search for a while until I realised I had found the blue, and not white. I imagine regular buyers who don't know all the colours will also think it's white until they look closer.

I have more things to worry about than how blue it is.
I wish I was you lol. I'm too OCD to not let it slide.

jm31828

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2015
Bothell, Washington

I just picked one up and love it! It's mostly white with just a a hint of blue, sort of like light blue sea glass. It's much nicer than a straight blue, in my opinion.

surfzen21

macrumors 65816
May 31, 2019
New York
I just picked one up and love it! It's mostly white with just a a hint of blue, sort of like light blue sea glass. It's much nicer than a straight blue, in my opinion.
I run on the beach a lot and always pick up sea glass so I can appreciate that reference. That's a great color.

And where I run I rarely find any blues. But out of the ones I have most are dark blue with a few pieces very light.

I have a ton of white, blue and green though.

My goal is to aquire enough to create a wave mural out of them, but I will need a lot more blues.

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Florida Unfortunately
For me, it’s a kind of white cloud blue.

As I said in another topic, I
went to see them in Apple Store in person. I’m really torn between blue and pink.
Pink is more vibrant than blue but is a bit too much linked to Barbie and the camera bump is more difficult to match with a case.
Blue is very pale, so a bit dull but the camera bump hue is quite nice.
I’ll keep my phone 3 or 4 years.

Please, help me to choose ! Thank you very much for for advice 🙏

View attachment 2283078
Not generally fond of the color pink, but the 15 looks really nice in that color.

Reactions: Lcgiv and surfzen21

mectojic

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 27, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Oh yeah, it's nicer than a straight blue. But I think it just leans a little too much towards white for my liking. Guess I'm annoyed because a slight increase in the blue would've been the perfect colour for me.

Reactions: surfzen21

Marko3563

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2022
After looking at the standard series lineup the blue is seriously disappointing. To me I would prefer it to be noticeable and not a powdery type looking whitish blue. I was debating on the 15 Plus on the merit of battery but after the lackluster color choices I decided to go with the Pro Series. I do think however the Pink stole the show with the standard phones.

jm31828

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2015
Bothell, Washington
I run on the beach a lot and always pick up sea glass so I can appreciate that reference. That's a great color.

And where I run I rarely find any blues. But out of the ones I have most are dark blue with a few pieces very light.

I have a ton of white, blue and green though.

My goal is to aquire enough to create a wave mural out of them, but I will need a lot more blues.
Haha yes! My kids love looking for sea glass every time we go to a beach.

• Love
Reactions: surfzen21

primarycolors

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2015
CA
I was really looking forward to the rumored vibrant cyan so the pale blue was definitely a letdown. It is undoubtedly the new White option. On the other hand I like that it's a sneaky way to put more color in peoples pockets ;)

I'm happy with my pastel yellow 15.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.