Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bcegi

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2002
Chicago
Hi All, Long time follower and have not posted anything recently but feel that this particular topic needs some clarity since I have not found it after viewing many posts related to the LG 5K, so here I go.

I have read many posts and user reviews related to the LG 5K and either have found that it works for people without any issues or for the people that it doesn't work for, the issues that people run into is not waking up from sleep, MacBook Pro going into Kernal Panic, and / or shutting down.

What I have not found or read is, for the people that the LG 5K just works without any issues, what kind of MacBook Pro are you using it with. Are you using a 13-inch MacBook Pro with Touch Bar, 15-inch MacBook Pro with Touch Bar or 13-inch MacBook Pro Escape.

I have an unsubstantiated gut feeling that the LG 5K Display works with the MacBook Pros with Touch Bar based on better internal components. And that the issues regarding kernel panics, etc. are related to MacBook Pro Escapes.

It would be great to hear from your experiences and see what MacBook Pros people own and connect to their LG 5k and it just works without any of the known issues that I listed above.

Thanks in advance for your comments / feedback.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.