Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kinster

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 6, 2006
Who do I contact for repair? I called Apple and they said I need to contact LG? Are they correct? I thought as it's first year it should be Apple?

ZMacintosh

macrumors 65816
Nov 13, 2008
Unfortunately it's all through LG after the return period is up. I don't believe buying AppleCare with the a mac and an LG Display covers the LG display

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
Yes, unfortunately you have to deal with LG.
This Limited Warranty applies only to hardware products manufactured by or for Apple that can be identified by the “Apple” trade mark, trade name, or logo affixed to them. The Limited Warranty does not apply to any non-Apple hardware products or any software, even if packaged or sold with Apple hardware. Manufacturers, suppliers or publishers, other than Apple, may provide their own warranties to the end user purchaser, but Apple, in so far as permitted by law, provides their products “as is”.
(https://store.apple.com/Catalog/Images/worldwidewarranty.html)

(You may recall the sales of good regulations in the UK that give the consumer the right to a repair 'from the retailer', but in this case, by referring you to LG for service, Apple are fulfilling their responsibility.)

Good luck getting it sorted. Keep us posted.

kinster

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 6, 2006
Yes, unfortunately you have to deal with LG.
(https://store.apple.com/Catalog/Images/worldwidewarranty.html)

(You may recall the sales of good regulations in the UK that give the consumer the right to a repair 'from the retailer', but in this case, by referring you to LG for service, Apple are fulfilling their responsibility.)

Good luck getting it sorted. Keep us posted.

You're right, I called LG and they are sending DPD out for a collection soon.
[doublepost=1491690413][/doublepost]
Unfortunately it's all through LG after the return period is up. I don't believe buying AppleCare with the a mac and an LG Display covers the LG display

AppleCare only covers the product that it's bought to be covered for. i.e an Apple product.

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
You're right, I called LG and they are sending DPD out for a collection soon.
Ah, that's a good result then. Hopefully you get a fast turnaround time.

(As an aside, this is why I always keep the boxes for my things... can you imagine having to try find something to safely pack an LG 5K! o_O)

Reactions: Celerondon

kinster

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 6, 2006
Ah, that's a good result then. Hopefully you get a fast turnaround time.

(As an aside, this is why I always keep the boxes for my things... can you imagine having to try find something to safely pack an LG 5K! o_O)

I've put it back in the box for transportation but they did say that DPD will have the required packaging when they turn up.

Reactions: Brookzy

kinster

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 6, 2006
How did this go in the end?

It was a right balls up. LG sent DPD to pick up at work. First time the box for packaging was too small. The second time they went to the wrong address. The third time they came with a bag, so I told them to just use the box and return it to me. In the end it only took about 3 days to return it to me. But a real hassle with getting it to them.

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
It was a right balls up. LG sent DPD to pick up at work. First time the box for packaging was too small. The second time they went to the wrong address. The third time they came with a bag, so I told them to just use the box and return it to me. In the end it only took about 3 days to return it to me. But a real hassle with getting it to them.
What a pain! But it is all working now? Did they say what was wrong with it?

Reactions: jimthing
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.