Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mario0

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 6, 2021
Hey guys and happy new year!

I recently switched to a LG C2 42inch OLED display which is quite amazing but I'm struggeling with the picture settings.

According to the guide from Vincent I used the following settings:

My problem is that Warm +50 settings look way to warm/yellowish compared to me against the MacBook screen and I'm not sure which display profile on my MacBook Pro 14 I should use. Currently it's set to LG TV SSCR2.

I want accurate colors for Lightroom and Photoshop so I need the sRGB color space.

Thank you in advance! :)

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Fingers crossed that you can get the answer Mario! Have tried also reaching out to the person on YouTube?
If you don’t mind me asking, I’ve seen plenty of people use the C2 display as a gaming monitor and somebody recently commented on the big input lag when connected to a Mac - did you experience that as well? What thoughts do you have on the display otherwise?

mario0

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 6, 2021
Thank you @ericwn for your input. No, I haven't tried reaching Vincent but will do that. I have tried to use my Datacolor Spyder X and noticed that for the white balance the "0" is the best and accurate which give me nearly 6500K. Also tried different other settings and get now 100% sRGB.

But for example if you set +50 warm as described in video above, it looks like you have activated the night shift mode on your internal display which is way too warm. Don't know why so many recommend this setting even on rtings.com and tftcentral.co.uk

I haven't noticed an input lag, it's smooth as on my previous LG 34WK95U monitor. You can also try to use the Game Mode on the OLED even you are not a gamer but this helps to reduce the input lag (of course you can change every picture setting in Game Mode as well).

Overall my expectations is getting a better picture than on an IPS panel. The colors and contrast are amazing on OLED and also better than the Apple Studio Display.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.