Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AmoreLovensheimer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2022
Chicago
In case anyone cares, I got the LG Ultrafine 4K 23.7" (24MD4KL-B) to work with a Lenovo T495 having the AMD Ryzen processor and Vega graphics, running Windows 11 Pro 21H2 (I'm unwilling to try 22H2 in case it screws things up). It works using either a USB-C cable (at least the Insignia 3.2 gen 2 version from Best Buy) or a Thunderbolt 3 cable (at least the 1m Apple Thunderbolt Pro version) plugged into the T495 USB-C port (the one not labelled as its USB-C power port for a charger). I tried this combination based on a comment in the Best Buy reviews for the monitor where the T495 was mentioned.

I figured that would bode well for using the Ultrafine with later Lenovos using AMD which, like the Intels using Thunderbolt 3 I tried perviously, would detect the monitor but would not display anything using the above-mentioned cables. I tried the AMD versions of the Lenovo T14s Gen 1 and Gen 2, and the AMD version of the Lenovo X13 Gen 2. Just weird, or maybe just over my head techically.

Reactions: HappyIntro
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.