Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Analog Kid

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 4, 2003
Thought I'd try Lies of P. Looks good, no IAP, no data collected or tracked. Seemed solid. I've installed it on a Mac Studio Ultra and it brings the whole system down and reboots it before even getting past the initial menus. Anyone else having this problem, or know where to even look to figure out what's going wrong? I can't find any sort of support email or even a forum on the dev site...

galad

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2022
If it reboots that means there is a bug in the operating system. Which version of macOS are you running?

Reactions: Analog Kid

Homy

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2006
Sweden
Last edited:

Analog Kid

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 4, 2003
App Store or Steam? Sounds like App Store.

Some other apps crash too so it could be a Sonoma issue.

https://www.reddit.com/r/finalcutpro/comments/188q7s1

You can send your crash report here. It’s for the Steam version but worth a try.

”If you encounter any game crashes please share the entire contents of this folder to the following email address lop_support@neowiz.com.
They will be thoroughly inspected and fixed.”
Thanks, it's the AppStore version. I'm not seeing a crash report anywhere, but it's not a simple crash where the application exits and leaves you at the desktop-- it reboots the machine back to the Apple logo startup screen. So I'm guessing it doesn't have time to write a log beforehand-- it's taken the machine down at too low a level.

There may be something in a system log, but I'm not sure where to look.

That email address is a big help though, I'll try reaching out and see if I can get a response. Thanks!

Reactions: lawson and Homy

lawson

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2007
The exact same thing happens to me. I submitted the report to Apple that pops up when it restarts each time - happened about 6 times in a row before I gave up playing.

It starts with this:

panic(cpu 1 caller 0xfffffe001a715fdc): GFX SERROR Exception class=0x2f (SError interrupt), IL=1, iss=0 - agx_interrupt(4)

Google suggests that’s a GPU panic, so I figured there’s nothing I can do but hope the next Sonoma update fixes it.

Analog Kid

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 4, 2003
The exact same thing happens to me. I submitted the report to Apple that pops up when it restarts each time - happened about 6 times in a row before I gave up playing.

It starts with this:

panic(cpu 1 caller 0xfffffe001a715fdc): GFX SERROR Exception class=0x2f (SError interrupt), IL=1, iss=0 - agx_interrupt(4)

Google suggests that’s a GPU panic, so I figured there’s nothing I can do but hope the next Sonoma update fixes it.
Seems to be ok now. Not sure of the MacOS update, LiesOfP update or both are what resolved it...

Reactions: Irishman and lawson

alexanderlindo

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2023
That's good to hear. While this has nothing to do with your issue, do you use a Gamepad to play Lies of P and if so, does Lies of P support vibration / rumble. My reason for asking is the fact that I have a Switch Pro Controller that supports vibration and gyro. Both features work flawlessly when used with an emulator like Dolphin but from the games I have tested on the App Store and on Apple Arcade, I have yet to find one that supports either feature.

okkibs

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2022
Yes looks like the game is triggering a bug in the graphics (driver). If it was merely a problem with the game it would only crash the game. Crashing the entire system means there is actually a problem with the hardware (driver) itself. To fix that once and for all a MacOS update is necessary, if they fixed just the game now then any other application using graphics could also trigger it. I'd assume they fixed it in MacOS.

Analog Kid

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 4, 2003
That's good to hear. While this has nothing to do with your issue, do you use a Gamepad to play Lies of P and if so, does Lies of P support vibration / rumble. My reason for asking is the fact that I have a Switch Pro Controller that supports vibration and gyro. Both features work flawlessly when used with an emulator like Dolphin but from the games I have tested on the App Store and on Apple Arcade, I have yet to find one that supports either feature.
Yeah, I use an x-box controller and I didn’t even know it had a rumble feature until LoP made it vibrate.

I’m not a big gamer, but thought this might be a fun one— and decided to support a game that didn’t rely on in app purchases.

alexanderlindo

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2023
I am not a "gamer" either. I am an audio professional, however with the the free Apple Arcade trial that came with my new Mac and Apple stepping up their efforts with gaming on Apple silicon, I got myself a gamepad (Switch Pro Controller) in my case to test with the ever expanding game library on the Mac App Store and Apple Arcade. So far none of the titles I tried on Apple Arcade support gamepad vibration on the Mac at the moment. I have heard that the newly released GRID Legends has vibration. Great to hear that LoP supports vibration.

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
I am not a "gamer" either. I am an audio professional, however with the the free Apple Arcade trial that came with my new Mac and Apple stepping up their efforts with gaming on Apple silicon, I got myself a gamepad (Switch Pro Controller) in my case to test with the ever expanding game library on the Mac App Store and Apple Arcade. So far none of the titles I tried on Apple Arcade support gamepad vibration on the Mac at the moment. I have heard that the newly released GRID Legends has vibration. Great to hear that LoP supports vibration.
I have an 8-bitdo Switch Pro controller, GRID Legends doesn't recognize the controller at all. Had to break out my PS5 controller.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.