Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thestickman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 21, 2010
Jacksonville, FL
Just installed a GTX 760 into my Mac Pro. It works great. I am concerned about the absence of a boot screen because I have Windows 10 installed via bootcamp & will need to use it now & then for gaming.

I don't want to find myself unable to boot into OS X. Is this avoidable just using the bootcamp app to boot back into OS X or am I in danger of being unable to boot into anything except Windows?

Thoughts?

Last edited:

H2SO4

macrumors 603
Nov 4, 2008
Just installed a GTX 760 into my Mac Pro. It works great. I am concerned about the absence of a boot screen because I have Windows 10 installed via bootcamp & will need to use it now & then for gaming.

I don't want to find myself unable to boot into OS X. Is this avoidable just using the bootcamp app to boot back into OS X or am I in danger of being unable to boot into anything except Windows.

Thoughts?
You should be fine. Whilst it’s somewhat annoying you just have to trust that everytihng will be cool. Oh and keep an officially supported GPU around just in case.

Reactions: thestickman

orph

macrumors 68000
Dec 12, 2005
UK
to boot in to windows go to
system preferences -> startup disk -> chose windows click restart
in widows just use the boot camp thing in system tray (in win 7)

id keep the old GPU for luck just in case

also if you want you can use bootchamp https://www.kainjow.com/ but i think it may not work in osx10.12 (think it works if you disable sip or something )

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.