Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BigBen2493

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2016
does the screen protector lay flat on the screen? Does it distort sound? etc...

Duncanator

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2016
I tried the Lifeproof Fre for the iPhone Xs and while I liked the overall concept, it still was not to my satisfaction (much like the recent products). That said, I really liked the Lifeproof Next case but ended up with an OtterBox Pursuit instead.

BigBen2493

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2016
I tried the Lifeproof Fre for the iPhone Xs and while I liked the overall concept, it still was not to my satisfaction (much like the recent products). That said, I really liked the Lifeproof Next case but ended up with an OtterBox Pursuit instead.
What was the problems with it?

Duncanator

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2016
What was the problems with it?

I did not like how hard it was to get the dust out of the case before installing the device and then the built in screen protector destroys the quality of the screen. It reminded me of using an iPhone 3GS. I would love a waterproof case as I have toddlers but I will use the OtterBox Pursuit until the Catalyst Case comes out.

BigBen2493

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2016
I did not like how hard it was to get the dust out of the case before installing the device and then the built in screen protector destroys the quality of the screen. It reminded me of using an iPhone 3GS. I would love a waterproof case as I have toddlers but I will use the OtterBox Pursuit until the Catalyst Case comes out.
Did the screen protector at least lay flat on the screen?
Have you tried that Belkin Invisiglass they sell at apple?

Duncanator

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2016
Did the screen protector at least lay flat on the screen?
Have you tried that Belkin Invisiglass they sell at apple?

It laid more flat than previous versions but still had a small gap near the top, bottom, and sides.

Duncanator

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2016
Well that doesnt sound good, my otterbox defender screen protector lay flat on the screen

Yeah I use the OtterBox Pursuit which allows for a glass screen protector. I will not use a case with a built in screen protector.

mbar9607

macrumors member
Apr 8, 2016
I have a Diztronic case for a thin case until Magpul releases their field case, and I have a screenless defender case since the Lifeproof case wasn’t out at the moment

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.