Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chfilm

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
Berlin
Hi,

anyone using lifesum?

It worked perfectly for me on the iphone before, when it came to counting steps.
But now, since I got the watch, it registers absurdly high step counts.

It claims I walked 14800 steps today, even though every single other app on the phone, including the health and activity app both only counted 7200 steps, which is correct I think.

How can that be?
I deleted and reinstalled the app, without any luck..

Jim4D

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2013
Check your health kit options, looks like its doubling up somewhere. Something like Lifesum is counting steps from the watch and phone or the app is counting steps from 2 different sources.

Check the read and write of health data for the app and turn one of them off.

I don't have life sum but myfitnesspal for me was doubling my exercise calories because it was importing both from workout and strava via health kit

Reactions: secretk

chfilm

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
Berlin
Indeed, the sum of steps that lifesum shows, is the exact doubled number from the steps counted by the health app + withings.
But however I change the settings, I either get NO steps at ALL, or this weird high number.
This only occured since I have the watch..

I told withings to not write steps and distance into the health app. I told lifesum to not sync with withings.
In the health app I only see the correct values.
In lifesum, still it adds them up with the withings value...

----------

I even deleted withings and all the withings data... still..

gorkt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2007
Same here. I think that when you enable motion tracking, it counts the steps from both your watch and your phone and adds them instead of just taking steps for your watch.

I am having an issue with my fitness pal too where it is registering the watch but not adding any active calories.

I just want one app to get it right..,,,

acctman

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2012
Georgia
Hi,

anyone using lifesum?

It worked perfectly for me on the iphone before, when it came to counting steps.

It claims I walked 14800 steps today, even though every single other app on the phone, including the health and activity app both only counted 7200 steps, which is correct I think.

How can that be?

maybe it's doubling it because you have you watch and phone both counting as you walk and then at the end it's adding up both. turn off motion tracking on your iPhone and just let you watch count

chfilm

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
Berlin
lifesum support wrote me, it seems to be a known bug and they claim to have a fix in the works... let's hope so.
I don't wanna turn of Motion tracking on the Phone, since it makes the data more accurate.

Crazy Baker

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2009
Lose It gets the info correct! I only have import workouts turned on in Lifesum and it seems to be getting the correct info now.

Ner3y

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2015
I installed Livesum yesterday and I don't find a point Motion Tracking. Where can I activate it? Or is this only possible on iPhone bigger than vs. 5 with motion processor?

els.jacob

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2015
Hi,

anyone using lifesum?

How can that be?

Hi, I use Lifesum On iPhone and Apple Watch. I enjoy the calorie count by activity, it is rather the same on watch and lifesum. Now I started using Runkeeper and if I use it to register a walk, these calories also add to lifesum, together with the calories couned automatically by lifesum. So should I manually delete de Runkeeper calories, to be correct? Also, this morning lifesum counted 150 calories and Runkeeper 350 for the same walk. Which one to believe and work with? Thx!!

*balikpapan*

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2016
Hi,

anyone using lifesum?

Yes, I'm using strava with my AW and Lifesum has been counting the calories from Strava PLUS the total days calories from the watch. So for a 10 mile cycle ride I get 232 calories burnt according to strava, plus 699 total day's calories from AW = 931 calories off my daily allowance. No wonder I have been putting on weight!

I have just gone into Health/Active energy and deactivated Strava as a source from which Lifesum can read data. It will now read from my watch only.

saritkumarsi

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2021
Hi,

anyone using lifesum?

How can that be?
It’s 2021, and I still getting double calories/workout counts. I did a 325 Cal workout as per Apple health…same uploaded to Strava…and now Lifesum saying 650Cal. This causing me to eat more as well.

• Haha
Reactions: chfilm
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.