Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ivanpasic

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 8, 2013
I have had this door opener with MyQ HomeKit bridge for several years now and it's been working well. Extremely rare instances of 'no response'. However, as of yesterday my garage door has not been responding at all. I removed it from my Home and added it back. Reset the whole set up and set it up again. There have been no software updates on my Apple devices in the last 24 hours nor have I changed anything with my modem. I tried restarting my modem too. If I unplug the MyQ bridge, the door shows up as responsive in my Home app for a few moments then drops off. Wondering if anyone has any ideas?

EedyBeedyBeeps

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2013
USA
I can't help you with your issue much, because we no longer have the bridge product connecting our door to HomeKit. However, I can at least confirm that the MyQ app itself is still working for us today.

This is a long shot, but maybe try temporarily disabling iCloud Private Relay as a troubleshooting step (assuming you have it enabled in the first place). We had to do this when connecting the garage door opener to our home network via the myQ app.

Chamberlain discontinued the physical bridge hub product last summer. They said that the bridge hubs were supposed to continue to work "for the foreseeable future" (as of August 2022). Speculating cynically, I'd guess that "the foreseeable future" has ended--but I'm not sure how to confirm whether or not that's what has happened.

ivanpasic

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 8, 2013
I can't help you with your issue much, because we no longer have the bridge product connecting our door to HomeKit. However, I can at least confirm that the MyQ app itself is still working for us today.

This is a long shot, but maybe try temporarily disabling iCloud Private Relay as a troubleshooting step (assuming you have it enabled in the first place). We had to do this when connecting the garage door opener to our home network via the myQ app.

Chamberlain discontinued the physical bridge hub product last summer. They said that the bridge hubs were supposed to continue to work "for the foreseeable future" (as of August 2022). Speculating cynically, I'd guess that "the foreseeable future" has ended--but I'm not sure how to confirm whether or not that's what has happened.
Thanks. I don’t think it has anything to do with Private Relay; I have never even enabled that feature. I know that Chamberlain has discontinued this product but thought they would continue working indefinitely. After all, I don’t this think they need any management from the back-end once set up, right ( eg by Chamberlain)? I can still control it through myQ app but I really liked HomeKit integration in Apple car play. Are you aware of any good third party bridges?

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
MyQ and Chamberlain have API issues from time to time. I don’t have the bridge but use an app called Live Key to connect my door to HomeKit and shortcuts. Shot once or twice a year have to fiddle with it (usually by resetting it up) even Chamberlain makes some change or the other.

Rant time: Chamberlain clearly doesn’t value its customers. First they force you to use an unnecessary and relatively expensive bridge (my use of the Live key app shows that the bridge was unnecessary) to use their product with HomeKit. Then they discontinue that product but don’t supply a replacement or enable HomeKit integration. They need some competition in this market.

sparky672

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2004
Rant time: Chamberlain clearly doesn’t value its customers. First they force you to use an unnecessary and relatively expensive bridge (my use of the Live key app shows that the bridge was unnecessary) to use their product with HomeKit. Then they discontinue that product but don’t supply a replacement or enable HomeKit integration. They need some competition in this market.

Dump them. Meross makes two versions of a simple garage door controller (single door and up to 3 doors) for HomeKit that works very well, and does not rely on subscriptions or a third-party service outside of your own wifi network and Apple HomeKit.

I use the three-door controller and never had a failure even after all the HomeKit software issues.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.