Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fraitor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2013
Hi! I'm looking for a light strip, compatible with Homekit or Matter.
All the ones I've tried turn on right away, I want one that turns on gradually.
Looking at reviews of Philips Hue, Nanoleaf, Goove,... nothing seems to be gradual; they do during the color change, but not to light up little by little. Even, I don't care about the change of colors, I want white or warm light, no more.

So does anyone know the perfect light strip?
Thank you.

mmkerc

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2014
I thought the Phillips Hue lights allowed you to set the timing to reach your brightness setting. I know the WIZ bulbs (I use Phillips WIZ bulbs) allow you to set the fading on or off

dotme

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Iowa
Hue will do this natively, but HomeKit won't - at least not without converting an automation to a shortcut and looping to increase brightness. I don't know how stable or reliable that would be because I've never tried it.

I use iConnectHue for some of the more elaborate Hue operations in my setup - It lets me set fade durations and schedules. It coexists nicely with HomeKit, which is still my go-to for 95% of my timed automations.

pup

macrumors 6502a
Dec 31, 2009
Another vote for iConnectHue. I used it to set all my Hue lights (including strips) to gradually come on over a 30 minute span, an hour before sunset.

You use the app to program the automation to the Hue bridge itself, making it more reliable than a HomeKit automation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.