Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GmDude66

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 29, 2010
PA, USA
Hello, I was wondering if there was a tweak in Cydia to patch the message on the Xfinity App or block detection of the adapter on third party apps.

While streaming Live TV, I will get an error message after plugging in my Lightning to HDMI adapter.

The error message on the TV/Monitor states the following:
Code:
We're sorry. Because of security protocols specified by our Network partners, you can enjoy this great video on your mobile device only.

On the phone itself, it shows this message:
Code:
Security Issue: 3338 (1000942)
This content is not playable via the current external device. Please disconnect the device and try again.

Obviously it is detecting the adapter and denying it. Is there a way around this?

Thanks!

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Hello, I was wondering if there was a tweak in Cydia to patch the message on the Xfinity App or block detection of the adapter on third party apps.

While streaming Live TV, I will get an error message after plugging in my Lightning to HDMI adapter.

The error message on the TV/Monitor states the following:
Code:
We're sorry. Because of security protocols specified by our Network partners, you can enjoy this great video on your mobile device only.

On the phone itself, it shows this message:
Code:
Security Issue: 3338 (1000942)
This content is not playable via the current external device. Please disconnect the device and try again.

Obviously it is detecting the adapter and denying it. Is there a way around this?

Thanks!

Try TSprotector or xCon Beta 40

ntegra

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2010
Try flex, I can't guarantee success but I know I used flex to patch AirPlay with xfinity.

GmDude66

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 29, 2010
PA, USA
Try flex, I can't guarantee success but I know I used flex to patch AirPlay with xfinity.

I found a patch in there that says to allow AV adapters, but the new version of the app must still be detecting something.

Even tried creating my own Flex patch for this, to no avail.

Jeremyddub

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2015
I am curious if you have found any kind of workaround for this BS security protocol. I am having the same issue. I am currently working away from home and have no cable here. Any help would be much appreciated.

GmDude66

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 29, 2010
PA, USA
I am curious if you have found any kind of workaround for this BS security protocol. I am having the same issue. I am currently working away from home and have no cable here. Any help would be much appreciated.

I came up empty handed on this one unfortunately. I updated to 8.3 for my watch and got rid of the jailbreak. Let me know if you find anything though!

prometeo2008

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2021
Hi everyone
More than a reply is another related question. It is clear that video pass first by the lightning port before being converted by an unknown, undocumented circuit in HDMI signal that senses when is plug into a big screen. Now my problem with my iPad. I had a Chromebook and I use a Targus DOCK150EUZ-51 universal docking station, that provides my humble Chromebook with a Superspeed USB hub, 1GB ethernet, and TWO DISPLAY PORT sources to connect to two monitors in extended display and everything works ok. I tried to do the same with my iPad 6th gen and lightning to "camera USB 3.0" and power adapter. In this case, everything works EXCEPT THE VIDEO SOURCES NO DISPLAY AT ALL. NO MESSAGE NOTHING, and I guess that is because the lightning source port in the iPad doesn't allow to flow of the video signal if it doesn't find an official adapter like the one you were talking about. Are these patches also useful for my problem? Thank you

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.