Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Silver78

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 24, 2013
Denmark
I decided to stop using icloud services since last price jump.
I will use the 5gb free option only.
My problem is there is something wrong with my iphone backup size it 25gb
Been in contact with apple senior technical advisors several times with no luck.

ALL is disabled so it should not take 25gb in size even advisor says so.

My big fear is the would want me to reset phone as new and start over.. i have 90000 photos and 4500 videos on my phone with no icloud backup for them any more.
I use airdrop to drop new photos and videos to ipad on daily basis.
If i reset my phone i will need to Airdrop all content from my ipad after.. since airdrop is unreliable with many files i would have to do about 4000 airdrops!!!
I will not do that.

I do not need icloud services any more at that price and since i have my photos on both ipad and iphone I do not need them on icloud as well. I paid a small fortune for large storage on my devices but for what use with no easy way to transfer between them.
I look for icloud automatic copy between devices without the “cloud” or a “scheduled” airdrop if possible. To symc with.
No paid apps no subscription apps

I have seen those lightning usb sticks but fear apple will cripple with an update leaving me stuck

Is there an MFI usb stick i can trust out there?
One that connect via lightning and will not shut down any ap/ phone if transfer many files at a time?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.