Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whitedragon101

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
I have a large collection of RAW files that I used to manage with lightroom. But I don’t want to pay £120 a year every year for it.
Are there any DAM (digital asset managers) / that’s like lightroom but cheaper/ fixed cost / free. Even if it only does DAM without RAW processing that’s a good start just so I can find a move images across folders easily. Also like lightroom click on a folder and see every image within that folder and all its subfolders.

TightLines

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2022
I have a large collection of RAW files that I used to manage with lightroom. But I don’t want to pay £120 a year every year for it.
Are there any DAM (digital asset managers) / that’s like lightroom but cheaper/ fixed cost / free. Even if it only does DAM without RAW processing that’s a good start just so I can find a move images across folders easily. Also like lightroom click on a folder and see every image within that folder and all its subfolders.
Don’t blame you one bit… Do the same with any and all Adobe products… they don’t deserve your or anyones money…

Try DarkRoom > https://darkroom.co/

Reactions: arkitect

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2011
I 2nd darkroom. It's pretty awesome. It has the option of using i cloud to sync a single library.

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
This question has been asked frequently. Do some searching and you'll find all the usual suspects.
To expedite this now, and for the future, I've added the tag photo organizer to this thread, along with several other recent threads that cover the same topic.

Click the tag below the title at the top of the thread, and all other threads with that tag will be listed. You can then read each tagged thread, or ignore it if it doesn't seem relevant.

I used a tag rather than merging the threads into a single thread because some of the discussions went in somewhat different directions.

PhilBoogie

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2014
If you bought Aperture before you can still download it from the App Store, if your region allows it.

Ray2

macrumors 65816
Jul 8, 2014
In addition to the above suggestions, have you considered canceling your Adobe subscription and continuing to use the Catalog module? Unless Adobe has recently changed its terms, after a subscription is canceled, the Catalog portion continues to function. I don’t know the i-gotchas, but other photography oriented DAM's pale in comparison. As an alternative, have you considered Adobe Bridge. It’s free.

Another suggestion is to put away principal and make an objective decision free of the noise introduced by those who simply hate Adobe. I’m one of them, but I gladly pay a pittance for superb DAM. If you don’t need superb DAM, a file system, at least on a Mac, does a decent job.

Reactions: PhilBoogie
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.