Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mario0

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 6, 2021
Hello togehter,

since Adobe has released the native arm version of Lightroom classic 10.3 it was getting incredible slow. I'm a photograher and I'm just trying to do previous to copy my edits from one photo to the next and it is taking forever.

This didn't happen on LRC 10.2 and using Rosetta which doesn't make any sense to me.

Anyone encountered the same issue?

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
I had the same until I uninstalled the intel versions AND CC app. Then reinstalled them and now they fly.

Just know they M1 Photoshop doesn’t run old plugins - so you need to right click the app icon and get info then click run in Rosetta if you want to use your old plugins - at the cost of some performance.

mario0

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 6, 2021
That could be rellay worth a try, thank you!

But how did you uninstall the Adobe apps? Using the CC uninstaller? I'm not so familiar on Macs right now

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
That could be rellay worth a try, thank you!

But how did you uninstall the Adobe apps? Using the CC uninstaller? I'm not so familiar on Macs right now
Yes, I uninstalled them from the CC app but when asked I said to keep my preferences.

I then uninstalled CC using the uninstaller found in the CC folder in Applications (in finder).

I then went to adobe on browser and went to apps and installed CC from there.

Then inside the new install of CC, I then re-installed PS and LR and LRC.

One thing to note: Lightroom Classic now sync's presets with CC I used to have a subset of all the presets I had stupidly bought in LR that were them sync'ed and available on mobile, while in lightroom classic the full library of presets were there. Just know that they will all sync now and if you do the same as I did then you will be thanking the gods of time machine to get them back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.