Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Original poster
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
There wasn't really a good section for this. I'm looking to run a video monitor. Which only has apps for iOS and Android. Sadly no browser interface or native Windows app.

Anyhoo, I'm looking for the best way to get this going in Windows 10. I want to use as little resources as possible. As running this one app is all it's going to be used for. So, looking for a barebones Android variant. This can be either something in a self contained VM/Emulator or something I can run with Virtual box.

I don't want to deal with ads. Also I don't want to spend all day figuring out how to get it to work. Thanks for any ideas.

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Original poster
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
I've decided to try Android Studio. It seems to be pretty lightweight. Only using about 6% of my CPU with the app I want. The only downside is an obnoxious border that looks like a Pixel 2 to get the Google Play Store. Without jumping through hoops to add the playstore to a generic emulated device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.