Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slomojoe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 10, 2018
Canada
It frustrates me that so many case manufacturers don't bother to list the weight of their cases on their sales pages.

I requested the weight of cases from Speck and got the reply "they only weigh a few grams" hmmm OK, how few ? (Won't be buying a Speck case this time :mad:)

Weight matters to me most when choosing a case so I would love to get recommendations on light cases (<20 grams ?) for the 15 phone.

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
Following!
I have come across skinny cases in the past. However some don’t have edge protection, or the edge protection isn’t tall enough to clear the screen protector which ends up breaking pre-maturely.

ab2c4

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2013
Take a look at spigen. On their website they give the weight of each case. I wish every manufacturer did that.

slomojoe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 10, 2018
Canada
Take a look at spigen. On their website they give the weight of each case. I wish every manufacturer did that.
good old Spigen, I do like their cases and may just fallback on them again but would love some options, I bought the 15 instead of the 15Pro just to save the weight so I really want to keep the whole package light

ab2c4

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2013
good old Spigen, I do like their cases and may just fallback on them again but would love some options, I bought the 15 instead of the 15Pro just to save the weight so I really want to keep the whole package light
Their Thin Fit for the 15 only weighs .9oz, and the Liquid Crystal is 1.0oz. Both are pretty lite cases, depending on if you want a clear case or not.

ab2c4

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2013
The Torras Super Thin Ultra Light case is exactly 20grams according to their website.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.