Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lightLauncher

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 3, 2019
Hi all, thanks for taking time to read this post!

Lightweight Launcher is a very simple application that opens a number of preset files and web URLs directly from the menu bar.

View attachment 851407

file12.gif

Features:

What it does:

-Launches files, apps, and websites with a single click!

-Have up to ten collections of files, apps, and websites accessible from the menu bar.

-Low profile: consistent look and design with other menu bar applications on the system.

❓Why:

This was mainly a personal project I embarked upon in December of last year to learn more about Mac OS development, specifically learning about sandboxing. After developing this app into a crude but usable state, I actually began to use it everyday, and subsequently decided to polish it and release it. There are a number of other applications that achieve similar aims, but Lightweight Launcher represents a unique blend of features, an attractive design, and a compelling price point of $0.99.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/lightweight-launcher/id1474194836?mt=12

lightLauncher

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 3, 2019
Update 1.1
In update 1.1 file icons were introduced to provide more clarity on the selected files, and applications in each routine. Furthermore, the launch routines were optimized in the menu bar, allowing quicker selection and launching.

Thanks for taking time to read this post. Be on the lookout for continued free feature updates this fall.

f1.png
f2.png
f3.png

lightLauncher

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 3, 2019
Update 1.2:
Currently the app is in version 1.2 with features like keyboard shortcuts and improved UIs. I look forward to bringing further features in the weeks and months to come!

✂️-Shortcuts, ⌘L to open the launcher menu, and ⌘1-⌘0 to launch a specific routine.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

lightLauncher

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 3, 2019
Update 1.3:
-Numerous bug and stability fixes
-Update icon
-Ready for new versions of Mac OS

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.