Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bernie-Mac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 30, 2007
Sin City, NV
Just thinking out loud...wouldnt it be cool if you had a limewire app on the iphone and you could choose in the library what songs you could send directly to your ipod in the iphone or it just sends it directly? I think so...

AHDuke99

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2002
Charleston, SC
Oh yippee....another way to spend money...I don't think anyone's really thrilled about an iTunes music store on the iPhone, people want other things that other feature phones already have, like MMS, IM clients, fully functional bluetooth, etc.

dont expect that unless you want to shell out another $600 for the second gen iphone in january. steve jobs will find a way to convince mac users that MMS and IM were impossible without a 3G network in the way apple wanted to implement them, and that bluetooth functionality is unnecessary and would require too much battery power.

SirCrumpet

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
Oh yippee....another way to spend money...I don't think anyone's really thrilled about an iTunes music store on the iPhone, people want other things that other feature phones already have, like MMS, IM clients, fully functional bluetooth, etc.

I beg to differ. While I certainly want the other features you mentioned, the iTMS is certainly very high on my list of "wants".

Speedracer04

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
Michigan
People still use Limewire? Ahhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahaha

what do u guys use instead? I mean there is bit torrent, but most of the time only full albums are able for download, and most of the time I only want 1 or 2 songs...

I use limewire pro (lol bit torrented) and it seems to work great.

sammich

macrumors 601
Sep 26, 2006
Sarcasmville.
what do u guys use instead? I mean there is bit torrent, but most of the time only full albums are able for download, and most of the time I only want 1 or 2 songs...

I use limewire pro (lol bit torrented) and it seems to work great.

You can choose which files to download from the torrent. xTorrent, Transmission, Azureus let you select which files to download.

Speedracer04

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
Michigan
You can choose which files to download from the torrent. xTorrent, Transmission, Azureus let you select which files to download.

Oh..ya I use Azureus...haha you can tell how many times Ive actually tried to dl music via bit torrent :rolleyes:

Maybe Ill try it....and now that u mention it I remember being able to select which files with other things ive downloaded...guess it just never occured to me to do it with the album songs too. Cool.

Disclaimer: My friend was wondering how this worked; who actually downloads songs on bit torrent or limewire anyway!??!? Download from iTunes and give apple more money!!! :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.