Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crees!

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 14, 2003
MD/VA/DC
What is this all about?

Attachments

• login.jpg
    login.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 228

NusuniAdmin

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2003
I suspect...

I suspect it is for one of your tabbed pages. Notice how it says sometin like bldveast...it if was for macrumors it would says macrumors most likely. Perhaps safari got confused and accidently placed the sheet for the applerumors tab instead of the tab it belongs to.

EDIT: Actually safari does not even seperate the login sheet for the different tabs. At least i dont think this is a feature...

crees!

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 14, 2003
MD/VA/DC
NusuniAdmin said:
I suspect it is for one of your tabbed pages. Notice how it says sometin like bldveast...it if was for macrumors it would says macrumors most likely. Perhaps safari got confused and accidently placed the sheet for the applerumors tab instead of the tab it belongs to.

EDIT: Actually safari does not even seperate the login sheet for the different tabs. At least i dont think this is a feature...

Right.. I checked the other tabs and all other pages were loaded. I refreshed that Macrumors page and the login sheet appeared again. That's when I thought it was quite weird.

NusuniAdmin

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2003
crees! said:
Right.. I checked the other tabs and all other pages were loaded. I refreshed that Macrumors page and the login sheet appeared again. That's when I thought it was quite weird.

Does it do it all throughout the site or just in the forums. And what happens when you click cancel?

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
What is blvdeast.net? I typed it in and I got a directory on a pretty small Apache server. Is it a computer on your LAN? Any chance you're using it as a proxy server and you don't know it?

If it is a computer on your LAN and you're sharing internet through it (for instance the cable modem goes into this computer and then back out the NIC and to a router or a wireless gateway or your mac) then it might have some of the characteristics of a proxy server....

Elan0204

macrumors 65816
Apr 16, 2002
Chicago, IL
mkrishnan said:
What is blvdeast.net? I typed it in and I got a directory on a pretty small Apache server. Is it a computer on your LAN?

If you click on the two images in the directory that appears when you go to blvdeast.net they are related to the Apple/BMW announcement. I suspect that maybe someone that posted in the forum included an image from that directory in their post, and when the image tried to load it wanted you to login first. I just went to thread in question and did not get the login window. Do you still get it crees!?

crees!

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 14, 2003
MD/VA/DC
Elan0204 said:
If you click on the two images in the directory that appears when you go to blvdeast.net they are related to the Apple/BMW announcement. I suspect that maybe someone that posted in the forum included an image from that directory in their post, and when the image tried to load it wanted you to login first. I just went to thread in question and did not get the login window. Do you still get it crees!?

No, I'm not getting it now. You could be right about it being from an image located elsewhere. I know it has nothing to do with my home network.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.