Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

austriak

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2011
My oldest son is at that age where we are probably going to give him a phone. I know with screen time, you can set time limits but is there a way to set data limits? I do not have an unlimited plan and do not need one but i want to limit his data because he is not going to think to not use up all the data. If there is no way to limit data, I might put him on a prepaid plan.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
My oldest son is at that age where we are probably going to give him a phone. I know with screen time, you can set time limits but is there a way to set data limits? I do not have an unlimited plan and do not need one but i want to limit his data because he is not going to think to not use up all the data. If there is no way to limit data, I might put him on a prepaid plan.
There might be better methods for something like that on your carrier's end to see if you can put data limits on different lines, etc.

ruka.snow

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2017
Scotland
Most phone providers with shared data that I have seen will let you set limits. Or at least text you when 80% of your limit is all eaten up. This also lets him use all the bandwidth he wants when on Wifi.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.