Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Heeheeriah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2021
It's a line of discolouration. Is it a cable issue?

Attachments

• 5xfiekui6p481.png
    5xfiekui6p481.png
    442.3 KB · Views: 173

joevt

Contributor
Jun 21, 2012
Probably not a bad cable.
Try a black background. If you see a line that is red then it means red is stuck on. Same for green and blue.
It looks like the line is darker than it's supposed to be. That probably means a component for that pixel line is stuck off.
Try a red background, a green background, a blue background. If any of those show a black line then it means that line is broken (stuck off).

With a white background, my Apple Cinema 30" Display has a yellow line. red+green=yellow, so it means the blue line is stuck off.

joevt

Contributor
Jun 21, 2012
I guess it's not a stuck line then.

You have an LED-backlit (edge lit) TFT active-matrix LCD. There might be a minor issue with the LED back light. Or it might be an artifact of the edge lighting? I have no experience with that display.

My Apple Cinema 30" Display is fully back-lit CCFL.

Heeheeriah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2021
I guess it's not a stuck line then.

You have an LED-backlit (edge lit) TFT active-matrix LCD. There might be a minor issue with the LED back light. Or it might be an artifact of the edge lighting? I have no experience with that display.

My Apple Cinema 30" Display is fully back-lit CCFL.
I'm going to take off the front panel and give it a wipe down, it may just be condensation. I'm not really sure so trying anything could fix it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.