Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lorkp

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 27, 2005
Hi. I like how I can play my iPod through the Line out on the dock into my stereo system. Is there anyway to get something equivalent out of the PB. Like a program or something? Or what is the equivalent output in terms of steps on the volume control?

pna

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2005
lorkp said:
Hi. I like how I can play my iPod through the Line out on the dock into my stereo system. Is there anyway to get something equivalent out of the PB. Like a program or something? Or what is the equivalent output in terms of steps on the volume control?

I wish the PB actually had a line out instead of the headphone out that it has. I'm really happy with just how much better playing the ipod through my stereo using the line out of the dock sounds compared to the plugging the ipod into my stereo through the headphone out. I know there are USB sound cards you can get that give you line out, and they might be worth looking into.

When I plug my PB into my stereo through the headphone out, I generally find that I need to turn the PB up to about 80% of max to get a comparable signal to what I'd get from a line-out connection from the CD player. That's also about the highest I seem to be able to go without getting distortion during loud passages.

HTH.

jsarrasinjr

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2005
western MA
m audio

The maudio transit is really nice and gives you a digital out that you can plug into a reciever. You could even do surround sound with it for movies if you wanted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.