Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cel186

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 7, 2022
I am interested in the Link Bracelet which has been around ever since the AW existed. Now it seems as if the band is not available, at least the black version in Germany, on the US website both version are out of stock. Any thoughts on this?

risenphoenixkai

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2008
It wouldn't surprise me if it is discontinued. I wouldn't think Apple sold many of them for what it's charging (the only reason I even own one myself is because I bought it used for around 1/3 retail). Apple has also spent the past several years pivoting away from the Apple Watch's initial pitch as a fashion accessory that also does smartwatch stuff, and instead leaning hard on its reputation as a fitness tracker. The Apple Watch Ultra is kind of the ultimate expression of that (so far).

It also could be that the link bracelet has been slightly redesigned for more modern Apple Watch sizes. The version of the link bracelet that's been out since 2015 does technically fit the larger 41 and 45 millimetre Apple Watches currently on the market, but it was designed with the smaller 38 and 42 millimetre versions in mind.

AnthroMatt

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2011
Redlands, CA
I am interested in the Link Bracelet which has been around ever since the AW existed. Now it seems as if the band is not available, at least the black version in Germany, on the US website both version are out of stock. Any thoughts on this?
US Amazon has both in stock...or did as recently as last week.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.