Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

justinrwalsh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2015
Boston, Massachusetts
Does anyone know of a service to plate Apple's Link Bracelet space black/graphite? I have a stainless steel link bracelet from when I had a stainless steel watch a few years ago, but I recently purchased a Graphite Stainless Steel Series 7 and want to change the color of the link bracelet to match, if possible. I know there are plenty of services out there to gold plate your watch and/or band, but haven't seen many for plating the stainless steel black. Any suggestions?

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Does anyone know of a service to plate Apple's Link Bracelet space black/graphite? I have a stainless steel link bracelet from when I had a stainless steel watch a few years ago, but I recently purchased a Graphite Stainless Steel Series 7 and want to change the color of the link bracelet to match, if possible. I know there are plenty of services out there to gold plate your watch and/or band, but haven't seen many for plating the stainless steel black. Any suggestions?
Try googling DLC coating in your area. I know of a person on a watch forum I frequent that had one of their existing mechanical watches DLC coated during an overhaul.. Not sure how much it cost to do it but the end result was excellent..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.