Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

suminub

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 26, 2009
Hi

I have an iphone 6s with the iOS 11 and all the updates on it.
Up until iOS 10 and infact in early iOS 11 days as well, deep linking was working fine. If I get a youtube link in whatsapp and if i click on it, it opened the youttube app. If i search in the browser and click on wiki link, it opened the wikipedia app.

But its stopped working now. None of the links work. Twiiter, wiki, youtube ...everything just opens in the browser.

Anyone else facing this? Is there a setting or something that i am missing?

thanks

MoparShaha

Contributor
May 15, 2003
San Francisco
I’m actually having the opposite problem. I can’t figure out how to turn off linking to apps in iOS 11. Before, you used to be able to click on the top right corner to return to Safari, for example. It would remember your preference and not link to that app again. This option doesn’t appear for me on iOS 11.

There must be a way to enable this, since the OP is experiencing this behavior.

Reactions: Fishels

JamesBerry

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2009
I’m actually having the opposite problem. I can’t figure out how to turn off linking to apps in iOS 11. Before, you used to be able to click on the top right corner to return to Safari, for example. It would remember your preference and not link to that app again. This option doesn’t appear for me on iOS 11.

There must be a way to enable this, since the OP is experiencing this behavior.

I too wish to turn off linking apps in IOS 11. It's annoying the heck out of me!

Reactions: Fishels
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.