Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Carly G. Fleischmann

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 16, 2020
United States
Greetings MacRumors Community:

It’s been awhile since I’ve posted here, but I’m seeking the community’sadvice:

The backstory: I had 2 of of iPad Pro 12.9 inch Wifi+Cellular 256 GB 3rd gen in the silver color devices. Both in otter box cases. I use these tablets as my primary communication tools since I’m severely autistic and nonverbal Long story short, in an effort to save money I cut the cell service to both and then proceeded to loae one of them in a sick, twisted act of the universe being a sad place to be.

I’ve looked at replacing the exact iPad right down to the case and buying Apple pencils for both and the cost is prohibitively expensive on government benefits thus I’m literally running a single communication tablet.

The advice I’m seeking is does anyone know where I can obtain for reasonably inexpensive exact replica of that setup as mentioned above and guaranteed that the dev is completely clean (no blacklist, no iCloud Lock, not reported stolen, etc.)

I kick myself each and every day for not keeping the cellular on for both as ~$45/mo *2 is a lot better than $1,000+ allat once when you monthly budget is literally$1000/month.

My “make-a-wish” to the proverbial foundation is rewind the clock like it never happened and I wouldn’t have to make this post. Since I know we can’t rewind the clock, the next best thing is for me to reach out and ask for help

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
For buying used, your best bet is to look on Swappa.com The IMEI numbers are checked to make sure they haven’t been blacklisted etc. There is no 100% guarantee in every way buying used but, Swappa would be a good place to look. You could try eBay. Paypal has very good buyer protection should something not be as described etc.

If you had 250 posts on your member account, you could check out the MacRumors Marketplace which has good, honest sellers.

Carly G. Fleischmann

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 16, 2020
United States
For buying used, your best bet is to look on Swappa.com The IMEI numbers are checked to make sure they haven’t been blacklisted etc. There is no 100% guarantee in every way buying used but, Swappa would be a good place to look. You could try eBay. Paypal has very good buyer protection should something not be as described etc.

If you had 250 posts on your member account, you could check out the MacRumors Marketplace which has good, honest sellers.

Thank you for your input… I am beyond appreciative and will search the above mentioned sites and we’ll go from there

Reactions: Apple_Robert

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
If you are buying face to face you can have the owner demo the setup process with you. If an iOS device is locked via iCloud it will prompt you early to put in the password for that account.

Best success!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.