Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thatg

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 10, 2007
ok so i got some liquid damage to my mbp i cleaned it away and the laptop looked fine but a couple of the keys went bad. so like an idiot i bring it into apple thinking eh its a year old maybe theyll believe its a wear issue. the guy at the genius bar was reaaaall smug with me giving me looks from every angle asking me if there was liquid damage. he accuses and accuses and then goes in the back comes out and says theres no evidence of liquid damage lets send it in for repair. so i have my repair number, checking the status online and it says hold waiting for more information. i call expecting the worst and get it. there is damage to the main logic board the upper case, the dc board and the keyboard and the repair will cost $1260. CRAP. am i out of a macbook pro? is there some kind of alternate solution. what pisses me off is i when i came into the story some lady got her macbook pro replaced and she kept saying "wow but i dropped it and broke it myself and you guys STILL replaced it and they said yep no problem".

thatg

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 10, 2007
how much are all those things to replace any idea, at a reasonable place

bijou

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2007
How many times a week do we need to see posts such as these? People, please keep your drinks and food away from these pricey machines, or spend a few extra bucks and invest in a keyboard cover.:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.